Question about track etiquette     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BettyBoop123

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Question about track etiquette Reply with quote

Hey guys!

I just have a quick question for all of you,
I have never been to a "track" before, but my university gym has one and I'm thinking of heading over there. Just so I don't seem too out of place, I would like know if there is any kind of "track etiquette" or any kind of unwritten track rules that I need to follow.
And what about walking? There is no possible way I'm going to be able to start running right away, so is it okay if I walk??
Thank you all in advance!
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great question! Good for you for trying something new Smile

I've run on a track plenty of times, and the only thing I can think to suggest is that you stay to the inside lane of the track if you're walking. You can imagine that if there are lots of people running on the track and you're leisurely walking down the center lane, others might get peeved Wink But don't feel like you SHOULDN'T walk - I'm sure you'll find that there are others there doing the same thing.

Other than that, I don't think there'll be any surprises or rules! Have fun, let us know how it goes Smile

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
bamstout

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, always stay to the inside. Where I have ran and walked, everyone stays on the inside, and the one going faster will always pass on your right.
BettyBoop123

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I'm planning on heading to the track on Tuesday, I'll let you know how it goes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com