Let's rev up the boards!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoanMeadow

Total Posts: 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Let's rev up the boards! Reply with quote

I'm surprised that so few participate on the discussion boards. I'm still making up my mind about the premium stuff, but it'd be a lot more appealing if there were more discussion/sharing here going on.

So, I was wondering if folks would be willing to commit to starting one thread per week in some category (or start a new category, if that's possible).

I participate in boards on other websites, and what I have found is that a real community often arises. People post briefly about what's going on in their worlds, about a news story that they saw (I blogged, for example, this morning on a story I saw about a woman in Austin, Texas, who no longer shops in grocery stores). You can post a question, chronicle a success, share lamentations on a problem.

Maybe there just isn't a demand for this kind of thing, but I wanted to make the suggestion, to see if there's some interest. Smile
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got back from the gym - I let my gym membership run out in late December and didn't renew it till today! Embarassed

I have to say, after some tough cardio and some strength-training, followed by another round of cardio... I am pooped!!!

In a good way Wink

My body is definitely tired but that just means that I've got to whip it right back into shape. Taking about a month off of the gym definitely will set you back a bit, but I'm going to work hard and push myself. The Weight Loss Challenge is a great motivator for me!!

How are you doing this week?

All the best
CSL-Bailey
Wink
JoanMeadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far food-wise, great. I plan to get on the dreadmill when my husband gets home to distract the puppy. I don't want to try it with him by myself because I'm afraid he might get tangled up in it or me or something!

That's the hardest part for me. I can always creatively find ways to prepare tasty food that I can have on a weight-loss plan, but getting my hind end into gear to work out is always a chore. Which is why I got this overweight in the first place.

A hamster has more sense than I do sometimes. Nobody has to cajole or threaten him to get on his wheel!
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can always find excuses to not do the things that we find difficult, uncomfortable or don't enjoy!! I know I struggle with this too - I love how I feel after I've been to the gym - it is just hard to get there sometimes!

Just saying - your puppy could go in a crate or another room for 30 minutes while you exercise Very Happy

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
JoanMeadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. It's just that first time that I'm worried about.
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!!!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
Kasey Jane

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: detox Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new to this website...
I started an office job with really long hours a few months ago, and have put on a lot of weight in a short amount of time,
I used to gym 4-5 times a week, but lately I havent been going at all - arriving at work at 7am and getting home in the evenings after 7 I just dont seem to find time or energy to gym, but my bodys telling me I have to make a plan.
I'm sluggish, moody, tired all the time, and I know its due to lack of exercise.
This week and next I'm doing a detox, so it will be the final 2 weeks of no gym,
anyone else out there doing a detox? advice?
Grangers710

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kasey - I've worked an office job in the past that was similar where finding gym team was nearly impossible. You know what though, you dont need a gym to lose weight. 99% of weight loss is all diet. Simply calculate the calories your body burns by itself and eat less than that on average. You will lose weight even though you're not working out and sitting at the office. I've done it. It works.
bslybeaz

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to all of this. I work in an office and there is always snack food brougt in. I have done good until the last couple of days. I have really watched what I eat for the last 2 weeks and lost 7 pounds but I need to try and find time to excersice but with work 2 late nights a week and 2 children it is really hard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com