i need ideas. post your favorite foods and recipes!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getfitforsummer7

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: i need ideas. post your favorite foods and recipes! Reply with quote

I just started my diet last week and have already lost about 5.5-6 lbs! Very Happy Yayy! But I'm still lacking in the fruit and veggie department. Rolling Eyes Laughing Im just not one that really loves them or is gonna base my entire diet around them. I need some low cal ways to stock up one foods esp fruits and veggies. Wink So, does anyone have some yummy fruits and veggies or yummy ways to prepare and eat them? I NEED IDEAS!! Razz post your favorite fruits and veggies and ways to cook/prepare/eat them or what you eat them with!

We need to be creative with eating healthy! Very Happy
dee_j

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh i LOVE fruit & veggies so can help you there. seriously there are so many ways to make vegetables taste awesome. here's just a few ideas of the top of my head:

- grilled asparagus or green beans with garlic and lemon (goes really well with salmon)
- edamame beans with soy sauce and salt (really quick and easy high protein snack)
- minted peas
- broccoli and soy sauce and sesame seeds
- roasted aubergine, sweet potato, carrots, red onion with a little olive oil, garlic gloves, salt & pepper
- roasted butternut squash (cut in half). crisscross lines in the surface and add garlic and olive oil. once roasted scope out the inside and mash. then put back into the carved out squash half and add bread crumbs and low fat cheese and grill until cheese is melted. sometimes i mash other vegetables in as well.
- grilled aubergine (cut into disks) then i add some tomato puree or low fat tomato pizza sauce, herbs and light babybel cheese. place under the grill again until cheese melts. seriously, it's so yummy like a mini pizza.
- stir fried veggies with chicken or prawns. i use shirataki noodles sometimes to add bulk without the calories.

fruit
- apple wedges with 1tbpsoon of peanut butter
- frozen banana smoothie (so many recipes just choose one you like). its like ice cream Smile you can add sugar free chocolate or caramel sauce on top as well. soo good.
- baked apples in the oven with cinnamon & splenda (sometimes i add them to oatmeal before going in the microwave)
- banana with nut butter & coconut flakes
- if i realllly crave chocolate/something sweet i usually have 1 or 2 dates but not too many as they have a high sugar content.
- strawberries & blueberries with fromage frais
- strawberries dipped in a bit of nutella (1 tbspoon max. think its about 80cals) and put in the fridge to go hard
- frozen grapes
- strawberries & mango in a chicken salad goes really well
- mango in a prawn salad with sweet chilli sauce and spring onions

thats just a few. type a few vegetables in to google and loads of recipes with come up that make them a bit more interesting Smile
dee_j

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot to add my favourite!

- sauteed spinach with garlic and pine nuts! mmmm so good.

just add a bit of oil to a pan (or spray oil works fine), add garlic & cook until fragrent (2mins), then add a 1/3 of a bag of spinach at a time. takes about 2-3 to cook each bit of spinach. then toss in a few pine nuts (if your really watching your cals maybe weigh them out before) and a drizzle of olive oil. serve immediately.
hello sunshine

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this recipe will help you:

http://www.fatloss.wellpages.net/apple-oat-meal-pancakes-recipe/

It has 32g of carbs/serving, 28g protein and 240g calories. I think that's good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com