Meal Tracker     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Meal Tracker Reply with quote

A Diet.com member recently asked.....

I am new to diet.com (this is my fourth day of tracking my diet) and am working really hard at tracking my diet. The problem is I love to cook and some of my recipes don't have nutritional analysis. Is there a site or tool within the diet.com website that I can type in the ingrediets of the recipe so I can get a breakdown of the calories, fat, carbs, protein in a serving of the recipe. Thanks for your assistance.
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Meal tracker Reply with quote

Hi!

Welcome to Diet.com. Congratulations to you for being proactive about weight loss. One of the best ways to keep yourself on track is to keep a food diary, not only does it hold you accountable for your food choices, but it helps you focus more on portion control; both of which are key for weight loss.

For recipes with several ingredients, I would recommend going to "track my progress" and clicking on the "meal tracker." Once you get into the meal tracker, there is an option to click on a link that says "Use the calorie counter." This will be the best way to input individual ingredients. You can either put in the entire amount of each ingredient and then divide the calories, fat, protein and carbohydrates based on a recommended serving size; or you can divide the amounts up per serving as you add them. For example: if a recipe calls for 1/4 cup all purpose white flour, you can either enter 0.25 cups (for the entire recipe amount), or, if the serving size is 2 servings, you could enter 0.125 cups. After you search each food, press enter and it will add that ingredient into your meal info. This will be the best way to calculate the average nutrition information for a serving of something that you prepare at home.

Let me know if this helps, and if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help you out in any way I can.

Keep up the good work!

Meghan

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com