Daily value of Carb/Protein/Fat     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anna11789

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Daily value of Carb/Protein/Fat Reply with quote

Hi I was wondering what the range should be for my daily grams of carb/protein/fat when I am using a 1500 calorie diet? My BMI is 29 and my RMR is 1743...How many grams of each carb/protein/fat should I be getting?
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Sorry for the delayed response, I am the new dietitian that will be responding to your questions.

How is your diet going so far? Have you been able to stick to 1500 calories? And if so, have you had any wt loss? At 1500 calories, you should be able to lose ~1 pound per week (1 pound = 3500 calories).

As far as the breakdown for each macronutrient, there are general recommendations for intake.

The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends:
Fat: 20-35%
Carbohydrate: 45-65%
Protein: 10-35%

On a 1500 calorie diet, the ranges in grams would be:

Fat: 33 grams - 58 grams
Carbohydrate: 169 grams - 975 grams
Protein: 38 grams - 131 grams

If you are looking for wt loss, I would stick to the lower end of those percentages, for example, I would probably suggest consuming:

Fat: 42 grams (25%)
Carbohydrate: 188 grams (50%)
Protein: 56 grams (15%)

You want to make sure that you are getting a variety of foods each day including fruit (1-2 servings a day), vegetables (aim for at least 3 servings a day), lean protein, whole grains and unsaturated fats and including exercise as part of your daily routine.

I hope things have been going well for you and if you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know and I'll get back to you much quicker! Smile

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com