sugar cravings     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sceiane

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: sugar cravings Reply with quote

So, I have major sugar cravings which is why I can't have any sort of sweets in my house. Today I started to eat healthy and had a major craving after lunch for something sweet. I ended up smothering a waffle with maple syrup because that was the only thing I could come up with. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas to curb the craving? I am about ready to just run to the store and get some candy!
fairy 14

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: sugar cravings Reply with quote

sceiane wrote:
So, I have major sugar cravings which is why I can't have any sort of sweets in my house. Today I started to eat healthy and had a major craving after lunch for something sweet. I ended up smothering a waffle with maple syrup because that was the only thing I could come up with. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas to curb the craving? I am about ready to just run to the store and get some candy!

Yes dear I have the same problem and the craving is so strong that I want to eat sugar if nothing is available but I ended up on figs. Try it.

FA
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of four adults in my household so keeping junk food out of the house has not been possible for me. Which has been difficult because I am a serious CHOCOHOLIC. I LOVE CHOCOLATE.

Once a week, I buy a treat...
Arrow Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars(only 1 a day), or
Arrow One Dark Chocolate Candy Bar for the week and eat no more than 3 squares a day (60 calories), or
Arrow Weight Watchers Ice Cream Candy Bars (yum!), or
Arrow Chocolate Low-fat Pudding

There are several things out there. The difficult thing is portion control. I can't eat the entire candy bar, or two ice cream bars... but this way I get my chocolate fix, fit it into my daily calories and don't get frustrated and end up eating an entire brownie platter like I did once upon a time...
Alex.Mi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Try this.. Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm new to diet.com but I sure have experience with dieting. I have recently started out on the South Beach diet and, as you may or may not know, you are not allowed to have any sugar for 2 weeks in Phase 1 (which is where i currently am).

I had a really difficult time since I am really addicted to sugar, any kind of sugar, if it's sweet I'll have it!

I heard that taking a dietary supplement based on chromium will lower my cravings or even make them go away for good, so I went to the nearest drug-store and bought a bottle. I've been taking one pill/day for 3 days and so far i've managed to keep away from sugar. It did not have any side effects and it was really really cheap!
Dunno if it works for everyone but..well..it did for me.
brenna1916

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Snickers Marathon Energy Bars. You can get them at many gas stations with the power bars and stuff. Or you can buy a box of 6 at Wal-Mart with the rest of the "diet" stuff. I would recommend the Multi Grain Crunch ones. (They have different varieties) But they are so good and so so close to tasting like a snickers bar.. if you love chocolate this is a good one for you. They have 10-12 grams of protien, so they really fill you up. If I ever crave cholocate, this is what I get and the craving doesn't come back for the rest of the day, if not for the next couple of days.
adamgtech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just have to find a way to satisfy your sweet tooth without going overboard. i like to get these Dole fruit bars (aka popsicles). i got the strawberry ones. only 90 calories and 40% vitamin C, give them a try if you're having that big of a problem with it. And if you're on weightwatchers they are only worth 2 points! Very Happy
biggiefries

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes yes yes!!! I definately know exactly where your comming from and this is a huge problem for alot of us, but you know the thing really is you just have 2 practice loads of self control and just push yourself to be commited to healthy living and eating habits.

keep fighting, Sincerely Paula
toastbff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Sugar Cravings Solved. Reply with quote

I love sugar and I have two teenage children so keeping sugar out of the house is impossible. I've found that really sweet and juicy fruit solve my cravings.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, what's your favorite go-to fruit toastbff?

I love cantaloupe and strawberries!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
number6_ed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love no sugar added fudgesicles. So YUM!

So let go, let go. Just get in. Oh it's so amazing here. It's alright, cuz there's beauty in the breakdown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com