More Sleep?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
resonance321

Total Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: More Sleep? Reply with quote

Is it natural that I am a bit more sleepy now that I've started this whole weightloss thing? I eat anywhere between 1200-1400 cal a day (I've been doing that almost a week) and I've exercised (mostly cardio for 30min) three out of five days this week...I plan on doing three more! Anyhoo...I get lots of water, I eat pretty healthy (I usually allow myself a little something not more than 150 cal of sweety) per day. I have lost about one pound going from 130 to 129 and I'm 5'3". It's about 8:45 PM and I got up around 8:00AM today...and I'm sleepy?!?!? Also, I experienced some hunger today. I waited to see if it really was hunger and it was. I ate a bowl of rice chex and I seem to be ok now. However, is it natural for my body to resist losing weight? Or was that low blood sugar? And why am I so sleepy so early? Confused

Leah
SlowlySexy

Total Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: More Sleep? Reply with quote

resonance321 wrote:
Is it natural that I am a bit more sleepy now that I've started this whole weightloss thing? I eat anywhere between 1200-1400 cal a day (I've been doing that almost a week) and I've exercised (mostly cardio for 30min) three out of five days this week...I plan on doing three more! Anyhoo...I get lots of water, I eat pretty healthy (I usually allow myself a little something not more than 150 cal of sweety) per day. I have lost about one pound going from 130 to 129 and I'm 5'3". It's about 8:45 PM and I got up around 8:00AM today...and I'm sleepy?!?!? Also, I experienced some hunger today. I waited to see if it really was hunger and it was. I ate a bowl of rice chex and I seem to be ok now. However, is it natural for my body to resist losing weight? Or was that low blood sugar? And why am I so sleepy so early? Confused

I'm not sure what the underlying reason may be, but I was getting very sleepy since beginning my diet/workout...with the exception of the past 2 days. These 2 mornings, I've gotten up at 6am - which means I only slept 4 and 5 hours a night...and I have MUCH more energy...that is to say, at least I'm not nodding off at the keyboard. I do better on less sleep - the more I get, the more I crave...kinda like food! ;o)

As for the hunger part, that's easy - you're burning more calories than you used to - thus you might have to take in a little more in order to feel satisfied...ie healthy snacks in between meals. Hope this helped a little...take care and best of luck to you!

~April

"There can be no end to my success if I remember that determination, not destiny, makes all the difference in life. In all matters of consequence never never never give up!"
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you are so sleepy because you are expending much more energy during the day!!! I have difficulty sleeping when I haven't been active, b/c if my body hasn't expended much energy, it doesn't have much reason to need a whole lot of sleep!!

I always sleep MUCH better when I've gotten in a day of activity. I hope that's what you're experiencing too!!

If you are worried that it could be something more serious, I suggest you talk to your doctor about it. It's important to keep your doctor in the loop when you are embarking on a lifestyle change. He/she may have some suggestions for you!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
SlowlySexy

Total Posts: 34

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized what you said about how much you weigh...honey, you're a great weight for your height, which is basically the same as mine. I would LOVE to be at 139 lbs!! I know, I know - we all want to be different than the way we are...but I guarantee you that you're a knock-out just the way you are - not everyone needs to be a size 5!!

~April

"There can be no end to my success if I remember that determination, not destiny, makes all the difference in life. In all matters of consequence never never never give up!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com