One week down......     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsd622

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: One week down...... Reply with quote

and several more to go!!!

I lost a couple of pounds this week and am looking forward to the upcoming week. I have a long way to go, but am willing to get where I will feel comfortable again.

I started at 285 and am looking to get to 255 and then reassess from there.

Is it worth joining the upgraded plan here? Need advice.

Thanks

Jeff
jsd622

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first 10 days are over and first 5 pounds off!!!!
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff,
Wowza 5 lbs in 10 days?? What is your secret?! I hope you're doing it the healthy way.... Let us know what changes you've been making!

Good for you, I'm psyched for you!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
jsd622

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSL-Bailey wrote:
Hey Jeff,
Wowza 5 lbs in 10 days?? What is your secret?! I hope you're doing it the healthy way.... Let us know what changes you've been making!

Good for you, I'm psyched for you!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Hey CSL,

No big secret really. Yes I am doing it the healthy way. Exercise minimum of 30 minutes per day, biking. This burns about 550 calories per ride. Watching what I eat very carefully.

I am not obese by any means, but have a large frame. 285 is most I have weighed in about 15 years.

I try to keep my calorie intake around 2000 per day and fat gram consumption around 20-25 grams per day. These pounds are probably a lot of excess water. Long process ahead, so I will just keep at it.

Thanks for the note.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that sounds terrific! Congrats on the awesome changes you've been making!

What an inspiration! Have you posted a blog yet? Our blogs are a great way to both get feedback AND share your own tips!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
sassismirk

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CSL,

No big secret really. Yes I am doing it the healthy way. Exercise minimum of 30 minutes per day, biking. This burns about 550 calories per ride. Watching what I eat very carefully.

I am not obese by any means, but have a large frame. 285 is most I have weighed in about 15 years.

I try to keep my calorie intake around 2000 per day and fat gram consumption around 20-25 grams per day. These pounds are probably a lot of excess water. Long process ahead, so I will just keep at it.

Thanks for the note.[/quote]

So... 550 Cals in just 30 mins? You must really be truckin' it! How do you ride? Stationary, street or mountain?
jsd622

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sassismirk"[/quote]
So... 550 Cals in just 30 mins? You must really be truckin' it! How do you ride? Stationary, street or mountain?[/quote]

I maintain a speed of somewhere around 13.5 to 15 miles per hour and then plug that number in on the exercise tracker and it came up with the number of calories burned.

I have a 2007 hybrid Trek bike. Very lite and enjoyable to ride. I do all my riding on the road.

Jeff
sassismirk

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. I have a 2008 Specialized Safire. It's probably considerably heavier than your street bike, but it is after all a mountain bike. Is the weather good for riding where you are? I live in the soggy Northwest lol so it's not exactly rider friendly this time of year.

I hate using the cal-burn calculators. I recently purchased a HR Monitor in mid October. I absolutely love it. It makes me feel like I'm getting a more accurate gauge on the quality of my workouts. But then again, so long as you're keeping a decent calorie deficit, you'll still lose regardless of whether you know how many calories your workouts burn or not.
Good for you!
jsd622

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sassismirk wrote:
That's awesome. I have a 2008 Specialized Safire. It's probably considerably heavier than your street bike, but it is after all a mountain bike. Is the weather good for riding where you are? I live in the soggy Northwest lol so it's not exactly rider friendly this time of year. I hate using the cal-burn calculators. I recently purchased a HR Monitor in mid October. I absolutely love it. It makes me feel like I'm getting a more accurate gauge on the quality of my workouts. But then again, so long as you're keeping a decent calorie deficit, you'll still lose regardless of whether you know how many calories your workouts burn or not. Good for you!
I live in Florida, so the weather is pretty much good year around. I agree with the cal burning calculators, but one thing I try to remember is that the headwind has to count for something in burning calories. And if you have an additional headwind along with what you produce while riding, then I would think it has to even out. A lot of what I have read says that anyways.I have a monitor here as well and you are right in that it is a great tool to have.Have a Great Evening!!Jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com