What to do when you are sick ...     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhotographyismyLife

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: What to do when you are sick ... Reply with quote

I have about 60 pounds to loose and have been doing great for the past two weeks, but i have come down with a serious cold and now i am stuck in bed ... im hoping it goes by fast, but a week or two of not going to they gym can set me back, any motivating stories or tips on how to make this week or two easier? Smile

I'd love to hear your stories!!
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to read that your body is ill. Man, that's gotta suck!!!!

If stuck in bed or close to your bed, there are some exercises that can be done. This is assuming your body has 5-10 minutes of spare energy every few hours. For a list of exercises you may want to try within your bedroom area, surf entire page at: http://www.diet.com/exercises/

Select individual exercises that you feel might be ok on your body (in its current condition). Even some calf lifts while standing beside your bed is better then nothing at all. re: http://www.diet.com/exercise/weighted-calf-raises

Get well soon...

leeslove

Total Posts: 40

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: REPLY: Re: What to do when you are sick ... Reply with quote

Hello, this is such a hassell... you know I was just telling my husband that as I looked back on my life, I could think of a hand full of pivital moments when I could have gone down a heathier track... but did not... Rolling Eyes

When I was about 8, I won a bike at a local charity event at the town hall, my mom sold the bike for money... Confused

I never owned my own bike of my very own untill i was about 27... but my sister let me use her bike aroUnd the age of 12 I was beginning to use it a lot, and really enjoying rideing... I crashed it and don't remember what happened to it after that, but i didn't have it anymore... Crying or Very sad

When I was 18... I lived with my sister (age 20)... She had to go to her army work for like 2 weeks at a time every few months...

She loaned me her new bike to get around (top notch-$550- in 1995)... anyway... I started using it to go not only to my 2 jobs, but everywhere else.. and man did my thighs shrink! I was loosing a lot of weight... well, the bike was stolen... Evil or Very Mad

Then when I was 23 I was back in college with a free membership to the fitness center... after I graduated (2 year)... I never went back... duuu Rolling Eyes

Again, when I was 26, I joined Bally's fitness... and was doing great... when i was 27... we moved away... bye bye ballies... Mad

And now, about 1 month ago, I started working out with my husband again, and one night i had a great breakthough... I was able to get my feet staight up into the air... well, I really started pushing...Very Happy

and two week ago i got a pain in my right shoulder... then about a week ago, i broke out in a rash... same shoulder (bra strap line)... and it is itchy and painfull... well, guess what... I stil am walking everyday... I just leave off the bra... and don't jog when others are around... Sad

knowing now what i've never been able to see before, Idea i am not letting ANYTHING stop me this time... doing something is better than nothing... and by the way...
I LOVE TO STRETH... STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH... ESPECIALLY IN BED... DOESN'T HAVE TO BE SYSTEMATIC, JUST OBSERVE YOUR CAT AND DO WHAT HE DOES.. THEY ARE SO AGILE, AND THEY GO THROUGH AN ENTIRE STRETCHING REGIMIN SEVERAL TIMES A DAY... Razz

So, anyway... I KNOW the power of breaking a good thing... all i can say is get yourself back on track, safly... if you push too hard, you'll injure yourself, and be out of the game longer Exclamation

Believe me, you don't want to look back and say "if only" those things are going to happen! Wink

HOPE THIS HELPS, I DEEPLY SYMPATHIZE
Cool

PRAISE JESUS!
tashairene

Total Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you thought about making your own chicken soup? its super easy and WAY better then the canned....cook chicken in low cal broth or just water, add veggies and your good to go, it's how the did it in the old days (so my grandma says)
catpaws

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much the same thing happened to me, after falling off the wagon for like 3 months i got back on it and was working out really nicely for about 4 days when i came down with what easily could have been down with swine flu. it was the most painful and horrible flu i can remember ever having and it laid me out for 3 weeks. the best thing you can do in my opinion is to take a step back from the dissappointment and just do everything you can to take care of yourself. if you try to push your body when its fighting your illness you will set yourself back further. just keep a positive attitude and plan out how you will go about things once you are better. dont rush back out the moment the illness begins to lift, give yourself 2-3 days extra bedrest as boring as it will be its better to give your immune system a bit of time to stabilize before you head back into the frey. also keep in mind that some peoples immune systems take a bit of a hit when they first get back to exercising and it takes a little time for things to smooth over just from that alone. so my advice is drink lots of fluids, sleep as much as possible, try to think positively about how you can work on your goals once your better, and ride this out. when this happened to me i did just that though it wasnt easy at some points, but im better now and im working out better than i have all year. so hang in there!

hope that helps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com