48 lbs to lose.     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kodasoda

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: 48 lbs to lose. Reply with quote

Haiii. I just signed up. =P I weigh 188 lbs as of right now, and would like to get down to about 140. From there I would like to get down to 130. I would like to lose the 48 lbs by probably mid-january or february, so hopefully that sounds reasonable. Oh, and I am 5'3".

As of right now, I have a fairly high self-esteem. Most of the time I feel pretty comfortable with myself, however in certain shirt I am self-conscious of my arms, and it might sound a tad ridiculous LOL but I am self conscious of my chin. o_O Also, my inner thighs and core would be nice if it were slimmer. I am also tired of feeling weighed-down by junk foods and having no energy, I have been dieting for about 4 days now and I already feel so much better. I also started my excersize regiment today, and feel great. =D So mainly, I want to lose this weight to be healthier, have more energy, and to be able to wear shorts and run without an earthquake happening in Japan. LMAO

So yeah anyway, sorry for the novel. xD I just thought I would introduce and tell a bit about myself. ^_^
heligal79

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: 48 pounds to go Reply with quote

HI there,

I am in the same place you are. I am 5 '6 and started at 186 pounds. I never really felt obese because I did not feel restricted by my weight when it came to doing what i wanted to do (when in reality I just avoided doing things that I could not do).

I stopped by Golds gym and the nice man that showed me around the gym said something to me that really hit home...."Do you have a car payment"..." How can you make a committment to your car but not to yourself" I joined the gym last Wed. I have 3 kids so I thought that it would be impossible to go everyday BUT I made the committment to myself and have been everyday.

I started on the stationary bike for 20 minutes and 10 minutes on the stairmaster. In just 4 days I am up to 20 miles in 55 minutes on the bike. For someone who has never exercised in my life, I am pretty proud.
I am keeping my calories around 1200 a day and I amalready down 3 pounds. Oh and I am drinking alot more water.

If you have any other suggestions for me, please let me know. I am open to all.....

Karen
kodasoda

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. =]

I'm glad to hear you are making progress, as I am keeping my calories at about 1200 a day, or a little less. I keep it between 1,000 and 1,200. I am starting right now at every-other-day for excersize, in an effort not to over-do myself straight off. In about a week, week and a half I plan on increasing it to every day. Right now I am doing 10 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes of jumping jacks, and yoga. Starting probably tomorrow I am planning on jogging. I've actually gotton my mom to start dieting as well, though she is having a lot more troubles with the cravings, excersize, etc. than I am, though I've dieted before so it is probably a bit easier.

Oh and I've also been drinking a lot more water, but when for instance I get a soda craving I will drink a glass of fruit juice, that works I've noticed very well to off-set soda cravings.

I am feeling so much better too, I have so much more energy I can't even tell you. I used to just drink coffee every day, and even with that I would still feel slumpy. Now I am not even drinking coffee and I have at least double the energy I used to have. So, so far, so good. I think I will be able to really commit this time. =D
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say -- the comment about making a car payment and making a commitment to yourself really hit home!

I have no car payment, but I do have a commitment to myself.

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
SlowlySexy

Total Posts: 34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! I'm right there with you - I need to lose 47 more lbs to reach my second weight-loss goal, which is to get under 200 lbs. I've already reached my first one, which was to get under 250, so that's something I'm proud of.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about your arms - but if you wanna see some HIDEOUS arms, check out my profile pic - the before pic!! That's one glorious difference I noted when putting the pics side by side...my arms are slimming down! In fact, just from leaving the sodas - even diet - alone, I can see a LOT of bloating and excess fluid gone. The first 25 lbs I lost (in 3 weeks) was primarily water-weight from drinking nothing but water. So, now I work out my arms every other day, plus try to fit some Shadow-boxing into my routine at least 3 days a week - it's an EXCELLENT arm workout!!

Take care, and best of luck to you! I'll check back from time to time to see how you're doing, and tell you my progress - feel free to add me as a Support Buddy!

~April

"There can be no end to my success if I remember that determination, not destiny, makes all the difference in life. In all matters of consequence never never never give up!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com