Busy Life Tips, Any One?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smile B

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Busy Life Tips, Any One? Reply with quote

Working hard on those last few pounds. Work has gotten crazy, home life has things to be done no matter what. Wake up at 4am now, home by 7pm. Is it stress in life that keeps my body hanging on to those last pounds? Any one have tips for de-stressing the body do to life?

Thanks. B
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering how many more pounds you have left? I would like to get rid of 13 more pounds, but I seem to be having trouble too. I decided to increase my calorie intake to approx 1800-1900/day for a few weeks thinking that when I went back to 1200-1300/day my body would respond better... but that didn't work. Rolling Eyes

Instead of getting discouraged, I'm telling myself that maybe it's my bodys way of saying I need a bit more time to get used to eating right. I still struggle to eat breakfast in the mornings and drink more water, even after 7 months of forcing myself to do these things... and who knows, maybe after I reach my goal, I'll slack off on those things so I need more time for it to become a habit. Laughing

Hang in there! We'll get there... I know we will!
Smile B

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 4 pounds left to loose when I left for a trip. I really thought I did good while I was gone for 72 hours. Got on that scale this morning, and was not happy. Shocked So, I am not going back to the scale until Monday morning. I really need to change my work outs. I think thats what will help me now. Try your best to eat breakfast. I just feel so much better in the morning.

I see the goal. I just want to get there, and stay there! Very Happy
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still working hard on those few pounds???

I'd love to read about updates. You are where I want to be --- able to see the finish line!!!

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
Smile B

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have 6 pounds to go. Going back home was Very Stressful. And I stopped smoking cold turkey, the day I went home. My mother came home with me until July 1st. SO...I am working hard at just keeping it here until 7th of July. I will work darn hard at those last six pounds starting July 7th. Too Many things at once is not good for me.

B
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is your success for today? With all the hard work you have put in, I KNOW you are having daily successes! Sometimes hard to see, but they are there!

So come on, tell us -- what did you do right today???

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
paulethomson

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PennyShine wrote:
what is your success for today? With all the hard work you have put in, I KNOW you are having daily successes! Sometimes hard to see, but they are there!

studies have shown that getting a good nights sleep can increase the amount of weight you lose. Also stress is known to lower your metabolism.

A couple remedies are:
- working out is a simple and effective way to release stress -- try not to think about work during this time.
- take a yoga or pilates class -- they're often relaxing as well as a work out
- take 10 deep breaths, 3 times a day. make sure to breathe from your diaphram.
- meditate in the 2nd half of the day that you didn't work out. just pick a spot on the wall. do not change your focus. concentrate on your breathing as you breathe through the nose and out the mouth. imagine good energy coming in through your nose filling your body and then blowing out bad energy. (this is very simplistic but works!)

good luck.
paulethomson

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PennyShine wrote:

studies have shown that getting a good nights sleep can increase the amount of weight you lose. Also stress is known to lower your metabolism.

A couple remedies are:
- working out is a simple and effective way to release stress -- try not to think about work during this time.
- take a yoga or pilates class -- they're often relaxing as well as a work out
- take 10 deep breaths, 3 times a day. make sure to breathe from your diaphram.
- meditate in the 2nd half of the day that you didn't work out. just pick a spot on the wall. do not change your focus. concentrate on your breathing as you breathe through the nose and out the mouth. imagine good energy coming in through your nose filling your body and then blowing out bad energy. (this is very simplistic but works!)

good luck.
Drender1207

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Smile
I don't know if this will help but it's just a suggestion...
I would say that if u can atleast find two seperate times of the day where u have 15 minutes to spare... Maybe designate the first one to getting in a walk or workout and the second to relaxing( time to yourself) like having a bubble bath, deep breaths, candles... U know that kinda thing.
Good luck in getting to your goals Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com