50 pounds to lose please help, feeling very low     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chatterbox24

Total Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: 50 pounds to lose please help, feeling very low Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone i am completly new to this but thought i would give it a try as i'm currently feeling so low! Well i will start by introducing myself i am 24 yrs old, 5ft and 12 stone. Wow thats the first time i have been able to admit that to anyone, i guess writing on a computer makes it easier. I used to be an elite gymnast at 5ft weighing 7stone 2! Anyway i used to eat loads of junk food but as i was training 40 hours a week it didn't matter, i burnt off anything i ate. Anyway i injured my knee so stopped training. Gradually over the years the weight has been piling on as food has become my friend. My current weight has caused me to start having problems with my knee again and what has brought it all home even thought it was always at the back of my mind is sitting in the hospital in 10 days and my knee surgeon saying i have to loose weight and also none of my clothes fitting me, or what does i look awful in. Changes need to be made but food makes me happy even though it is making me feel so desperately unhappy and feeling like why could anyone want someone who looks like me. Please help me everyone i'm desperate. I ave tried and failed so many times beofre i'm so scred i will just fail again and continue to get bigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated, please x
bajacalla

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: completely understand where you're at Reply with quote

I never had a weight problem before in my life, but last year I gained an incredible 25 pounds (I don't know what that is in stones) in just 3 short months. it turns out I have a thyroid imbalance which was responsible for the weight gain, but now that I'm on medication for the imbalance, I still need to lose those 25 pounds, plus about 15 more for good measure. my exercise options are limited due to an autoimmune syndrome, but I have started to work with a personal trainer/counselor and have been tracking my food intake and associated emotions for about a month now. but I am soooo depressed about my weight, and how I look, and feel, and the clothes that are either too small to be comfortable anymore or too large to look good - so when I found this program I decided it could only supplement what I've just started doing. so I guess what I'm saying is that if I can start this at 62, you can, too. and having trained as a gymnast you know that getting good at a routine takes practice and dedication - so I KNOW you can do it. and trust me - you're worth it. : ) let's work this program together, and I bet we'll look back in a few months and just smile at all the progress we've made.

Man does not live by bread alone... brownies are where it's at.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com