Wii Fit reality     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wii Fit - is it merely a game or can it deliver a real workout?
1) it is merely a game
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
2) it gives a great workout
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 11

ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Wii Fit reality Reply with quote

Okay friends, I have heard lots of hype around the Wii Fit. People talk about how much fun it is and all the things you can do with it!

My questions:

1) is it just fun or can you really get a good workout?

2) I recently injured myself in a kickboxing class because I was kicking the air and there was no resistance, so learning how to kick is really important and with the Wii Fit I imagine all of the workout would be without resistance sooooo are you more prone to injury with this type of workout?

3) is it like a toy that you get and then put it aside in a couple of weeks?

4) do the pros out way the cons?

I would love to hear from you - I am not rushing out to buy one but would love others opinions!!!

Thanks for taking the time!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
Defiance

Total Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is surprisingly well made. i have several friends that do it and the reviews are top notch. sparing the huge details, as far as console based gaming fitness simulators go, id give it a thumbs up!

" Do, or Do Not, There is no Try. " - Yoda
Christina MiLLioN

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: I havent had the opertunity yet... Reply with quote

But I am looking foward to trying wii fit, I loved wii sports and wou really did get a work out with that. i'm hopeing getting wii fit could be a good start for me.
BringIT

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: wii fits are great! Reply with quote

You can jog, do yoga, strength training, and balance workouts. Although they are a bit pricy, they are definitly worth it. You can do crunches, or push ups, the tree position. It also tracks your progress which is great.

peace love and happiness
Lil_Leah

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutly adore it. Once you unlock the free-form stepping you can turn it on for 30 minutes then change the channel and watch TV and it still keeps going and tracking your movements.

Also with the weight training it's very well done and it's mostly based on keeping your balance in a certain place while doing the movements. It keeps you from being able to cheat. Also if you have another in your house competing with you for top scores it's GREAT motivation!!

I think it's well worth the money but that's mainly because I won't pay the money for gym membership to workout infront of others. A bit body shy still. Embarassed
babybirdgirl

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Wii. My daughter has one also so we like to compare results. It can sure work the bod. I like it because it is fun and it gets me up and moving, along with my other fitness programs that I do.

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? -Vincent Van Gogh
stmuse

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) It is fun, but you can get a good workout in there. It takes a few workouts to unlock the really good calorie burning things. (I personally like the three minute hula hooping). But it's fun if you have interesting Mii's who will provide a small bit of entertainment when you relize that your mom is throwing the hula hoops at you.

2) The kick boxing thing is much more boxing than kick boxing. I've played that one a few times and and I never kicked only punched.

3) If you keep the Wii board out in the open, a place you constantly walk by it will easier to get on it when you need work out. Cause it'll be a constant reminder.

4) I would definatly say the pros outnumber the cons, fun music and even the ability to run or do the step up challenge while changing over to the TV and watching Scrubs for a half hour.

I definatly would say it's worth it.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months back, our Diet.com video team did a review of the Wii Fit:

http://www.diet.com/videos/play/wii-fit-fitness-review

Check it out and see if you agree or disagree - and don't forget to comment on the vid!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com