ShareThis???     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> FEEDBACK CORNER - Tell Us What You Think!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SvelteMe

Total Posts: 302

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: ShareThis??? Reply with quote

Say, I just noticed "ShareThis" on the Points page. What is it? There isn't a link on it and I don't remember seeing anything by that name anywhere else on the site...

Mindle

CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1043

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellllllo Svelte!
I feel like we haven't seen you around in a little while!

"Share This" is a button you can find on many features of our site (blogs, podcasts, videos, recipes, tips annnnd... oh gosh, I'm probably forgetting something). If you click on it, you'll be able to SHARE the content you're looking at - with any number of social networking sites (MySpace, Facebook, Stumble Upon, Digg - among many others!).

So you click "Share This" and select where you'd like to share that content. And it will post the content in the specified place - thus "sharing" it with the rest of the web!

It's a pretty terrific way to quickly and easily send some information or content to your friends or family or anyone you think would be interested!

Let me know if you've got more questions about the feature.

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
SvelteMe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... well, duh! I'm used to seeing it on a page but wasn't thinking in that mode for the points. Thanks for explaining it!

Since I'm mostly online during work and work got busy for a bit, I haven't been as visible lately. But I think I may be on a bit more for now! I must say though, things on these boards seem to have gotten pretty quiet lately!

Mindle

CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1043

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!! Where is everyone?

I miss coming onto the boards and seeing ALL of them filllllled with new posts! Maybe folks don't feel as comfortable posting their questions as they used to? Maybe newer people are timid Wink

We gotta get these boards bumpin' again! Maybe we can start a fun thread that everyone will hop onto. Wanna think of a good one?

Let's brainstorm!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
SvelteMe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are here on the site. It may just be that they are doing most of their talking on the Challenge board or group boards (which, considering that on the group boards they are talking with a smaller, more intimate and known group, may be the culprit here). I did noticed that the chatter here decreased a lot when people were encouraged to create and join groups. Plus people are spending more time commenting on things and blogging. It may just be that people are dividing their finite time on the site in more ways. I know when I first joined, I mostly was on the boards but have done a lot of branching out since then!

I'm about to have to leave my computer, but I'll give it some thought over the weekend.

Mindle

ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first joined I was on the boards the most - now they are sooooo quiet that I check them only occassionally. I do check the blogs more often, but even they are fairly quiet. I agree that we need a new interesting, provocative thread! I really need people to be posting, blogging or commenting!!!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> FEEDBACK CORNER - Tell Us What You Think! Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com