Fat tears     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Fat tears Reply with quote

Yesterday, I was prevented from going home due to construction. They totally cut off all avenues to get home. (Rude and inconsiderate of them!)

I was desperately hungry...I had had a small breakfast and had packed carrots and chocolate and water with me for my short jaunt out.

I ate all the carrots and eventually made myself eat the chocolate too.

I kept having conversations with myself about going through a drive thru. I was desperately hungry! Starving!! I was having trouble driving, concentrating, staying on the road in my lane...

Everytime I talked myself into fast food, I wanted to cry. I know, it was the low blood sugar, mostly.

But I was really upset that I felt I was reduced to a drive thru for a cheap burger...that is all I could afford.

I kept telling myself, this will NOT help you get to your goal. This will hurt your goal.

I eventually got home three hours later.

I thought to myself, this is insane. I am in tears over going through a drive thru - - I must REALLY want to loose the weight very badly!!!

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
JohnMc

Total Posts: 32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Keep the faith: One day will not break your diet! Reply with quote

Hi Penny... sorry to hear about your experience -- that fast food is always calling out to me!

We all slip and fall, but it's the getting back on track that makes the difference. I have faith you will have fewer and fewer slips and more milestones in your future!

I just wrote a blog about such things... here is the link:
http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog.php?title=Guilt+Be+Gone%3A+Beat+The+Binge+Blues&blid=11199

We're here to help you!

John McGran
Diet.com Chief Editor
PennyShine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your support.

I didn't slip.

I had prepared for a short jaunt out with veggies and sugar. (I have diabetes - low blood sugar.)

I just could not believe I was in tears about feeling that I had no choice but to go to a drive thru to fix my blood sugar!

How many people would cry over that?

I didn't go. And I just now remembered that I have sugar tablets in the car. I shouldn't have forgot, but I am not in this situation often.

And now that my sugar is at a good level, I can actually think of several alternatives...like going to a grocery store for fruit.

I REALLY want to loose the weight!!!! And a drive thru would NOT have helped me reach that goal!!

I am glad that I did not go. I eventually made it home. I ended up having to pick someone up and have them drive, cuz I was not able to drive safely. They live in the same area, so they were stuck too, but it was nice to have moral support.

JohnMc

Total Posts: 32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Oops... Good for you! Reply with quote

Sorry, I misread your post! That's awesome that you are so dedicated to losing weight.

We'll be watching... and eb at the ready to lend a hand when needed!
PennyShine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I was "emotional" when I wrote it! lol.

I was just shocked that I was in tears about feeling that I had to go through a drive thru for food. Who would have thought I was THAT dedicated to loosing the weight???

I just noticed that my thingy on here says I should have no more than 1500 calories a day...is there anything (information I can read, guidelines to use) for my blood sugar level?

tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny, I have to congratulate you! It is so obvious that you are in this for the long haul! You're right, very few people would have been tearful over the thought of having no other choice than a drive through for a burger. But you aren't most people. You are you, and incredibly determined individual who has made a commitment to herself to improve her life! You should be proud of that! I for one am VERY proud of you. And I'm so glad you came here to share your story! I for one will definitely think back on it when I am headed for the drive through. It's only 5 minutes in the car farther for me to get to the store, and it is a much wiser choice.

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not be ashamed or embarrassed at all! If you only knew some of the things that have brought me to tears, it might seem silly to you! But the thing is, we all have things and moments in our lives that make us emotional and affect us, and if that's how you felt at the time, don't be embarrassed about it! I think you did a great job! The construction alone would've been enough to send me over the edge.

~Sara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com