Has anyone tried Alli     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swim2china

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Has anyone tried Alli Reply with quote

It's a weight loss pill that use to be perscription only. I would like to know if anyone has tried it and what they think.
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it has some gross side effects. I think it's better to do it the natural way by changing your diet and exercising. Are you going to try it? Very Happy

XO
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think there are some other board posts about it if you look through them you can get some more information! Very Happy

XO
Sophie Hatter

Total Posts: 75

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Alli side effects Reply with quote

I have read that it makes you ... poo greasy goo unexpectedly.

That would be the major gross side effect. Shocked

Here is a website that discusses the side effects.

http://www.thewvsr.com/alli.htm

Much better to change lifestyle. Smile

Sophie
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha that website was hysterical, thank you for sharing it!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
tifa1724

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Alli Reply with quote

I am currently taking Alli. I wanted to do it the healthy and natural way but to be honest I want to lose the weight faster. Alli does have some nasty side effects IF you do not follow the rules. The rules are to stick to 1800 calories a day and no more than 19 grams of fat per meal. If you stick to that you'll be fine. You would be amazed at what all you can eat with under 19 grams of fat. I'm very happy with Alli, I've lost 13 lbs by taking Alli and eating alone and I started March 24th with Alli. Hopefully this helps some. Very Happy
moogiex

Total Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Please be careful Reply with quote

I've tried this when it was a prescription only medicine and didn't care for the side effects. Since I had my gallbladder removed, I figured that since my body couldn't process fats the same that it couldn't hurt to try this in addition to a reduced calorie and fat food plan and exercise. I still didn't like it.

Oh, and the reason why I had to have my gallbladder removed? I was only eating 15g of fat a day, typically 5g per meal. I developed nasty gallstones. The doctor told me that your gallbladder typically doesn't do it's thing unless you eat a meal that has over a certain amount of fat in it. So, I starved my gallbladder and it got angry with me!

This was about 12 years ago. One of the milder side effects of not having a gallbladder is that if I eat very fatty foods, I get the effects of Alli without taking it.

So please, please, please, make sure you are eating enough fats, good ones, like olive oil. I would talk to a nutritionist if you are unsure what the correct ratio should be for you.
wanttodo

Total Posts: 205

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 19grams of fat per meal seems reasonable. My nutrionist wanted me to have less than 50 per day...many many years ago
Anyway, I just seems to be a reasonable amnt. I usually have 10-20 grams per meal with no probs. I am not sure about my calories.
However, I doubt my doc would allow it with my diabeties. It is the insulin that it ticking me off right now Mad
birdgurl123

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my aunt said that all that pill "cleans you out" if you know what i mean if you eat to much fat you will be paying for it
canran

Total Posts: 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol moogix kids can take your gall bladder too and heh i know what you mean eat any fast food and ewwwwwwwww;p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com