Another notch and somewhat "skinny" jeans     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Another notch and somewhat "skinny" jeans Reply with quote

So this week has been insanely busy and I didn't get a chance to stop to do anything at home all week. Last night about 9:30 pm I realized suddenly that I had not clean jeans to wear for dress down Friday. I was so not going to wear my dress clothes on a Friday if at all possible. I couldn't wear my normal 2 pairs of jeans without washing them (I had been exercising in them yuck) and it was already too late to do laundry and get any decent amount of sleep. Well I moved last October and when I did I basically shoved half of my wardrobe (mostly summer clothes but some clothes I wasn't fitting into) in a room in the basement. I figured maybe I had a pair of jeans I could wear in there. I wasn't very hopeful but I figured it was worth a shot. I opened a box and started sorting through. There were a bunch of old clothes I will never wear again (my "old" size) so I bagged them to go to goodwill. Then low and behold a pair of "skinny" jeans. I haven't been able to wear them in 2 years so I wasn't really holding out much hope that I could even pull them over my hips let alone button them. I wondered into the bathroom and slipped them on..... and buttoned them...

I hooted and jumped up and down skipping up the stairs (despite my knees killing me) and proceeded to dance around the living room with one of my cats. Shocked

Not only do they fit but I have a little more room in the seat and the thighs then I had when I used to wear them. They are a smidge tight in the waist when I sit but not enough to make me too uncomfortable. So then I grabbed my belt and slipped it into the hoops (I wear a belt with everything to clip my pedometer to) and as I sinched it I am down to hole 3!!!!

By this point my brother and my roommate are looking at me strangley. So I reserved a little of my joy. heh

Good morning to everyone! Happy Friday!

Leslie

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo-hoo!! You are doing awesome!!!! Congrats!!!! LOL...I can totally picture the happy ance with the cat - lol Laughing

Keep it going!!! Mr. Green

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! Cool I know about the happy dance and with a cat, I've done that before haha!! I'm glad you had a pick me up!! Woohoo!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
bdunndchi

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work! Keep it up. I'm very happy for you.

atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like pulling on a pair of jeans that shouldnt fit and having them fit to kick you in the butt and get ya going again.

I haven't had any trouble with my exercise this week but food has not been great. Today I am doing fantastic all the way around. Very Happy

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoohoo!!! That is fantastic. I love getting into 'skinny' clothes.

moogiex

Total Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like time for happy dancing!!! I tried on a pair of skinny pants the other day and almost buttoned them. I couldn't even get them over my hips the last time I tried so I'm almost there with ya!
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely done the happy dance with my cat. He just looks at me like I'm insane Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, great job!!!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, skinnier clothes feel great, and look great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com