The White Dress....     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troopermom

Total Posts: 273

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: The White Dress.... Reply with quote

When I was at my goal weight I had a VERY pretty white dress. At my heaviest I could not even get it over my arms or chest. I knew that when I could fit in that dress again I would be satisfied with the way I looked (no matter what weight I was at). I knew this not because of the size of the dress, or what weight I was when I could fit in it, but because the last time I wore that dress I was at the healthiest point in my life and I looked and felt good. When I moved the dress came with me instead of going into storage with other clothes. I brought it with me as a reminder of my goal. I have lost over 50 pounds since last year and out of curiosity I tried on the dress. Not only could I now fit the dress over my arms, I could pull it down over the rest of me. It doesn't look as good as it should but it is a symbol of a tremendous accomplishment to have gotten this far. I took a picture, and as I lose the rest of the weight I will be taking more. Once I reach my goal I plan on posting the pictures for some "before and after" pics.
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!! I have some clothes that I refuse to get rid of too....for that someday. You should be very proud of yourself for making it that far!! Great job!! I can't wait to see the pics!!!

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo!! That's awesome!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girl, you're incredible!! Way to go!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!! I am a firm believer in not letting the scales define our success. You just proved that!! Way to go!!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fantastic.

I too have a dress like this. I bought this amazingly beautiful material and my ex-grand-mother-in-law made me a beautiful dress out of it but it was just a little too small for me to wear. Over the years following that I put on even MORE weight due to unhappy marriage and divorce processes. I justt pulled it out of storage THIS WEEK but I haven't yet had the nerve to try it on. I think I am still a little bigger then I need to be to wear it but I hung it on my door to be a reminder. Soon my sweet... very very soon.

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
tleateal

Total Posts: 62

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Great, Congratulations! I have an outfit that I plan on trying on June 2, hopefully things will go as well for me as they have for you!

Miarcran

Total Posts: 33

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great feeling that must be! Congratulations!
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's such an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing it with us! I also have some clothes that I'm keeping, like my favorite skinny jeans. Some of them I really need to go through and get rid of because I'm sure they're outdated. I can't wait to see your before and after photos!

~Sara
rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that is fantastic!! You are so close to the goal.

edan

Total Posts: 57

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so great. Very Happy You must be feeling fantastic about yourself. Very Happy
x126

Total Posts: 164

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What great news! You've done so well so far!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com