WEEK 3 RESULTS!!!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1040

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: WEEK 3 RESULTS!!! Reply with quote

Oh heeeey ladies and gents!
The all-important Week 3 votes of the Fresh Start All*Stars Challenge have been t-t-tallied!!! Who's excited?? THIS GIRL! Plus, I bet you guys are all excited too! So without further ado, please welcome to the teeeeeammmmssss:

Question Shocked Question Shocked

...Rolling Eyes

healthyme73 - the new ATHENA teammate!
tleateal - the new ARETMIS teammate!

Congratulations ladies! Good luck and enjoy the coming weeks of the challenge!

AND, the winner of the Motivational Question Response issss.... ShannonKristine! Of Team Artemis!! Oooh la la lady - You've earned 5 points for your team! Here's Shannon's awesome response:

How have you found that setting mini-goals for yourself helps you succeed in your weight loss endeavors?

"When I started my weight loss journey, I had 122.2 pounds to lose. WOW, that is a whole person! ( A skinny person, but a person nonetheless) In past failed weight loss attempts I was always making the same mistake - I was going in to the situation thinking how the hell am I going to lose 122.2 pounds!? Most of the time I would end up giving up on my diet because 122.2 pounds! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! Or is it? Here I am one year later, with 87.4 pounds of that GONE! I have lost 33% of the person I was. How have I done this? By breaking my total goal into small POSSIBLE executable goals. You have to find what works best for you, in the beginning of my journey I started by breaking into 10 pound blocks of weight. Now I focus on each week. By setting mini goals, I have learned to look at what I can change in the NOW. Can I lose 122.2 pounds by next week? NO but I know I can lose a couple of pounds if I put in the work and stay focused, and before I know it I'm over 70% to my goal! My six year old daughter was keeping me company while I was on the elliptical today. She wanted to count to 1,000 but thought it was impossible. Then I explained to her that counting to 1,000 is easy! I said "Madison, can you count to 100? Because if you count to 100 just 10 times that will make 1,000." She was so excited, and then proceeded to count to 1,000 effortlessly by taking it 100 at a time. Breaking up your overall goal into mini-goals helps keep you motivated because you get to feel the success of reaching a goal and it pumps you up for the next one! Have you ever lifted a thousand pounds? Walked a hundred miles? WELL SURE YOU HAVE! Every step you take in your life is part of the bigger picture. You may not be able to do it all in a day, but every day adds up! Remember we can move mountains people! You may have to get your wheel barrow out and move that mountain one rock at a time, but we can move them nonetheless! Don't ever allow yourself to be limited by looking only at the overwhelming total picture. You can do this!"

Now, the Week 4 mini-challenge is up, so everyone go check it out!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the new members!!! And Congratulations ShannonKristine!!!! Awesome response!!! Really makes me think....thank you for that!!!

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, welcome new members!!

Great answer, Shannon. That's what I was trying to say Laughing

kalalor

Total Posts: 58

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome tleateal and healthyme!!!! What great members to add to both teams! Congratulations Shannon!!! You're such a great writer!

Kristi

Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Welcome tleateal and healthyme! Congratulations Shannon!!! Very Happy
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's that time again! Welcome new team members and on to week 4's challenge! Congratulations on your motivational question win, Shannon!

~Sara
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the new team members and Shannon that is a fantastic and motivating response. I am here with 20 down and about 50 to go and you are truly a motivation. Very Happy Thank you!

Leslie

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
ShannonKristine

Total Posts: 225

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohooo I just saw that I am the winnaaaaaah! YaY!!!
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the new members! Laughing Congrats to ShannonKristine! Loved your answer, thank you so much!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

XO
jenny0771

Total Posts: 79

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go team Artemis. I am liking those extra 5 points and loving the response. WTG Shannon.
DL21Smith

Total Posts: 314

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Shannon Very Happy

Don't think you can. KNOW YOU CAN!
simonswalker

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Shannon on a great response.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com