Hi everyone, I just joined this morning.     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HbgPa36

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Hi everyone, I just joined this morning. Reply with quote

My goal is to lose 150 pounds. I just started on Wednesday of last week and so far I'm down four pounds (all water weight, I'm sure - but I'll take it!) I work from home, so I'm hoping to get some support (and offer support!) on this board. I'm the mother of one wonderful little girl and she is truly my motivation. She walks a mile with me each night without complaining. In fact, if it rains, she's disappointed that we can't go. I'm hoping to create her healthy lifestyle now so it sticks with her in the later years.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! So glad you found us! Very Happy Sounds like your off to a great start! Your setting a great example for your daughter! Laughing Let us know if you need help with anything, explore the site there is a lot of great info on here. Come over to the challenger page and check out what's going on with the challenge, join us, if you'd like, put your name in to be voted on one of the teams, we'd love to have you on Team Athena! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

XO
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, it's glad to meet you. I am trying to lose around 100 - 110 Lbs myself, I know how hard it can be. It's great that you are walking with your daughter that is a great start. Keep up the great work!!

Renee
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! I joined in April and just started my new lifestyle April 1. This site has helped me immensely - take the diet personality quiz and find out what you need to do for your personality and then make changes a little at a time so that you can maintain them as part of your new lifestyle! You will also find lots of support - just ask your questions or share your difficulties and successes. It helps to know others are working at it too!!
Good Luck!! Keep us updated on how you are doing!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
HbgPa36

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I appreciate the warm welcome! I'm down 8 pounds so far. I've split up my total goal into seven different goals: 263, 237, 214, 193, 174, 157 and 142. That's losing 10% of my body weight each time I reach the new mini-goal.

I really REALLY need to work on my eating habits. I'm surprised a little bit that I've just jumped into exercising. I've added three days of strength training (and man - do I need it!) to my daily walks. I'm very focused, which is where I've needed to be for years.

Thanks again for all the support! I look forward to getting to know each of you and supporting you in your goals as well!

Have a great and healthy day!
JohnMc

Total Posts: 32

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Hello my fellow Pennsylvanian! Reply with quote

Good luck with your stay here at Diet.com. From your username, I can't help but think you hail from Harrisburg PA... true? I just moved from the Hazleton PA area to Massachusetts to become editor here at Diet.com. It's a great place. I think you'll do well here!
John McGran
Chief Editor
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great how you've broken down your weight loss into mini-goals. Great going on the strength training. You can also set mini-goals with your eating to work on what needs to be changed!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
HbgPa36

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Harrisburg - those are excellent powers of deduction you have! Very Happy Might I assume that there wasn't enough snow and ice here that you had to move further north? Smile Smile

Best wishes in your new job!
JohnMc

Total Posts: 32

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: elementary watson! Reply with quote

I tried the warm weather for 13 years in south florida... came back to NE PA to raise my kiddies. boston area not that much different.

good luck with your goals... I can use a little inspiration to, so INSPIRE ME! ;o)
Kasssy

Total Posts: 156

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. BAD FOOD! .. stay away from bad food but if you stay away from bad food, who's going to write about them now? okay fine. just don't have entirely all of 'em Razz
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there and welcome to the site. I, like you have a fair bit of weight to lose. I have also broken down my weight loss into mini goals. I like the way you have done it in 10% increments. I have simply done it by 10 kg (20 lbs) lots but whatever works for us is a good thing.

Good luck and don't be afraid to come and ask questions when you feel the need.

Take care,
Jennylee

Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just wanted to see how are you doing!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
HbgPa36

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Hi - Long time no write! Reply with quote

I've been in Atlanta, GA for work for 10 days. I was very bad eating wise - but very good exercise wise. Somehow, I came home and got the courage to get on the scale - and for the trip I lost 1 1/2 pounds. Not too shabby! Definitely the boost I needed to "fall" back into my home routine. Glad to see everyone posting in the same boat as me! This is great support!

Today I will: drink more water, eat more fruit and veggies and walk walk walk! (Beats paying for gas, right?)

Have a wonderful day! I love reading everyone's updates! Go us!
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did great to lose 1.5 lbs. while you were gone. I'm glad your back and motivated!!! Keep up the good work - I'm looking forward to more posts!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com