Hi y'all!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LSUsweetheart

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Hi y'all! Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'm new here to diet.com. I'm a 22 year old college student (and washed up high school athlete) who gained the freshman 15 by giving in to fattening alcoholic beverages and late night food when I moved up to LSU. And if you're not from around Louisiana, you should know we have a reputation for amazing, but fattening food everywhere!

I started taking a new birth control last fall, and without changing exercise or diet, it made me put on even more weight. Right now I'm 5'7 and about 170. Last week I decided it was time to really get serious about not only losing weight, but eating healthy and getting in shape. In the one week I've been implementing these new lifestyle changes I feel like a different person. I feel a lot healthier and happy already, which has been a huge help to my motivation to work out.

So as far as the diet goes, I got rid of junk food in the pantry so I'm not tempted to consume those bad calories. I actually enjoy fruits and veggies so trading the cookies for a fruit cup at dessert time isn't really a huge sacrifice for me. I'm keeping a food and exercise journal. I'm eating about 1300 calories a day, watching my fat grams intake, drinking TONS of water (or the occasional diet green tea) and averaging about 45 minutes of cardio a day. I also like lifting the 5-8 lb dumbbells to tone my arms.

! I've lost 3 pounds this week and I know that weight loss is not a sprint, but I'm hoping to average about 2-3 pounds a week. My goal is to weigh 135 by August 1!

If anyone has any advice, encouragement, etc. I'd love to hear from you!

Very Happy
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your off to a really great start! Your exercising, watching your calories, and drinking water. Your doing a great job! Congratulations of your three pound loss! Very Happy

XO
mainlyright

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you keep doing what your doing you'll be fine. Good luck

Amanda

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuBGGAd/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wuBGGAd/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
stown

Total Posts: 297

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got it going on! Very Happy All I can say is KEEP IT UP!! If it is working don't stop the momentum.

Great job!! Wink

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youv'e got a solid plan, A great Attitude and your seeing results. Just keep it up and you'll be there in no time!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your on the right track and you have a great plan! How have you been doing? We need an update!! Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

XO
LSUsweetheart

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*UPDATE* I am 12 pounds lighter than when I started my diet last month and currently weighing in at 158! I've actually just finished up week 5. It's nice to feel my jeans fitting looser too! I've been working out about 4-5 times a week, focusing on dumbbells and lots of cardio. I can't believe how much more energy I have too.

I don't feel like I've "lost out" on any foods or fun with my friends. I try to keeping eating out to 2 times a week and instead of ordering out I keep my freezer stocked w/ quesedillas, General Tso's spicy chicken, edemame, etc. (all made by Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, etc.) Smile When I do go out to eat I do my best to eat healthy, so I usually look for the word "grilled" when I'm ordering. Now that it's summer my friends and I go out a lot more so I designate one night for alcoholic beverages and other nights I just offer to be the designated driver, which everyone seems to enjoy!

Needing some advice though: I think I've got the diet aspect of this down, but now that I'm building muscle and strength from working out, does anyone have any ways I can "spice up" my workout routine? I work out at LSU's rec center so I have access to your average gym: treadmills, ellipticals, weights, rowing, etc. FYI, don't suggest swimming. I teach swim lessons to little kiddies for 6 hours four days a week. So I don't need anymore time in the pool than I already have.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice.

XOXO
LSUsweetheart
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo!! Your doing great!! You could try doing intervals on the treadmill, I don't know if you walk or run, but you could walk for a few minutes, jog a few minutes, it really makes the time go faster. Or do like a circuit of all the machines like say each one for five minutes twice around. Just keep changing it up so your body doesn't get used to the same routine and so it's not boring for you. You've made a lot of changes with your eating habits, woohoo, that's so cool that you have offered to be the designated driver, your being safe and your not drinking your calories anymore. woohoo!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com