The Biggest Loser and Weight Control Oatmeal     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdesignsinc@yahoo.com

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: The Biggest Loser and Weight Control Oatmeal Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I've been checking out the television show and they promote Quaker's Weight Control oatmeal for breakfast. They claim it has everything one needs to get going in the morning, including ONLY 160 calories! Wow, that's great... but it's not enough to fill me up in the morning. Plus, I find it hard to believe that they are only consuming 160 calories in the morning as their "most important meal of the day". I was wondering... do you think they consume two packets for breakfast?
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Patdesigns, 160 calories can be a perfectly fine amount of calories to be consuming for breakfast. It really depends on what you're eating. You could have a nice bowl of cereal with skim milk for that amount. Or, as you stated, a bowl of oatmeal for 160 calories.

Of course, whether or not that's the "right" amount of breakfast for you, I can't say - as it will vary from person to person. What kinds of things do YOU like to eat for breakfast?

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
edan

Total Posts: 57

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i eat a small bowl of cereal with soy milk for breakfast. altogether that is 170 calories. that is fine for me for breakfast.

i like porridge (oatmeal as you call it), but for me porridge is a bit heavy for breakfast. in the winter its sometimes nice to have something warm inside you, but i prefer something a bit lighter at the moment. Smile
Sophie Hatter

Total Posts: 75

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Weight control oatmeal Reply with quote

I have to admit, one packet of instant oatmeal does not fill me up. And the weight control oatmeal is not as tasty.

Better options that are just as good for you (probably better):Kashi Go Lean cereals and overnight oatmeal..

Both fill me until lunch or snack. More like 250 cals than 160, but lots of good fiber and other stuff.

Overnight oatmeal is steel cut oats and dried fruit cooked in the crockpot overnight. It comes out creamy and like a treat (cobbler or pie)... For one serving, 1/4 cup of oats, 1/2 cup dried fruit. 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of milk. You need a small crock pot for this... I normally make 3 or 4 servings and the whole family enjoys a monday breakfast that takes no decision making!

Sophie
ShannonKristine

Total Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say dont waste your calories/meals on something that you dont really love! I skip oatmeal most of the time because it just doesnt do it for me.
Miss.J

Total Posts: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that though they are consuming 160 cal for their first meal, they are probably eating again 2 hours later! If you divide your caloric intake into 6 small meals, you don't have the opportunity to go long without food.

I treat myself with a breakfast sandwich. It's from the frozen food section and has about 180 calories. Plain oatmeal with cranberries or strawberries are sooo tasty in the morning! I would much rather have plain oatmeal and add honey to it, over a 'weight control' oatmeal with aspartame or other artifical sweeteners. Check out the label to see what is really in that oatmeal.
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Shannon don't waste you calories on somthing you don't truly love! keep trying new things and you'll find 1 that fits you!
wanttodo

Total Posts: 205

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that oatmeal simply because they promoted it. It was okay, but it did not last. I did not like getting hungry within couple hours. ...Judy

Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are just eating one packet, but a good idea would be to have some fruit with it. This will fill you up better! Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oatmeal is not something I could eat everyday. However, there is one and only one thing that I have found that I could eat every day for the rest of my life. LOL

I get the Nutrigrain low-fat waffles and make a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. Sometimes I switch out the waffles for the nutrigrain cinnamon or the nutrigrain blueberry. With the blueberry I sometimes even skip the jelly. This works very well for my weekday mornings. It is quick and simple and my brain doesn't have to work to make it. All together it's 278 Calories. This gets me through my commute and several hours of work each morning before my snack. The protein from the peanut butter is great as is the fiber content from the waffles.

If I could stomach the low-fat pb or the sugar free jelly it would be even better for me but I choose to use the ones I really enjoy and that way I don't get tired of it.

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
Carebear946

Total Posts: 120

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm waffles as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich sounds amazing, seriously i'm out the door to buy some low fat waffles RIGHT now, i'm excited. Guess what i'm eating for breakfast tomorrow morning!!

Kerry
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to make egg sandwiches with waffles before I found out I was allergic to wheat. It sounds wierd but they are seriously good and I didn't even get hungry for lunch, it's really filling. Laughing Laughing

XO
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egg sandwich on waffles that's brilliant! I will try that this weekend. I don't think I will use the blueberry though. Laughing

Carebear: so what did you think? Smile

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
wanttodo

Total Posts: 205

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skini-Mini wrote:
I used to make egg sandwiches with waffles before I found out I was allergic to wheat. It sounds wierd but they are seriously good and I didn't even get hungry for lunch, it's really filling. Laughing Laughing

Love this idea Very Happy Very Happy but how many calories would I have with something like that. I know eggs are about 75 calories each. Do you use two waffles???
Judy Cool
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy, I did I used to use two waffles and I think they were some kind of eggo low fat wheat ones, if I remember correctly they only had 140 calories for two waffles which was really low for waffles. But I think it would be just as good as an openfaced one with one waffle on the bottom! I used to use a little bit of lowfat cheese too. Laughing

ghgoddess, Did you ever try this and if you did how was it? Laughing

XO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com