I can make you thin TV show     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avoiding_Lipo

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: I can make you thin TV show Reply with quote

Has anyone been watching this new show in TLC that promises to help you lose weight? I've watched the first two episodes and it seems the host's techniques are really helping people lose some weight. I wonder though if it really is only going to work for people that are very overwieght. The people who lose weight on the show are people who started out obese and then come back maybe just a tiny bit chubby. I'm just a tiny bit chubby right now- so we'll see if the techniques are helpful at all. Anyone else watching the show?
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1045

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of the show Avoiding... What kind of techniques does the host employ? Tell us more!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
xo_ash_ley

Total Posts: 161

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF HEARD OF THAT!! When does it come on? Because I want to atleast watch one episode.
xo_ash_ley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY! I am watching it right now! It is great! It tells you how to eat. Cautionly, slowly, andyou will feel fuller faster. I will watch this every week. I think It might be helpful!!! Any comments?
Avoiding_Lipo

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on Sundays at 8 central. I think there are re-runs on during the week too. It's only two weeks in and the basic rules are 1) eat what you want (don't deprive yourself any any certain food) 2) Eat when you are hungry (if you feel hungry eat don't suffer) 3) Eat consiously (don't shovel food in. take time to chew and savour eat bite and put your utensils down with each bite) 4) stop when you are full (when you are eating consiously you'll be able to better tell when you are full and your body will tell you to stop eating.

The second week's episode it taught how to prevent overindulging and emotional eating. I'm not sure what's going to be on this Sunday.

This guy, Paul McCenna sp? has solds tons of books about his method of training your body to lose weight. I was just wondering if anyone had followed his plan.
xo_ash_ley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to try to do what he says. He seem real about everything, and not bad. I just tuned in. I like it. Anyone else?
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mckenna.com/default.aspx

His name is Paul McKenna. He has helped people to stop smoking too. Here is his web site if anyone wants to check it out further. He has four golden rules: eat when your hungry, physically hungry, eat what you want, helps reduce cravings for off-limit foods, eat consciously, slowly, put your fork down, enjoy your food, don't read or watch tv, just eat without distractions, and stop when you are full or satisfied. He has a hunger scale to help you out especially when you are first starting out and may not be in tune to your real hunger, and fullness. I have been watching how my two naturally thin friends eat and they seem to follow all his rules without knowing it, that is naturally how they always eat and neither one has ever had a weight problem. If you look at the web site there is a lot more information. He also has techniques to deal with cravings and emotional eating.

XO
ShannonKristine

Total Posts: 225

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info arbuckles!
SvelteMe

Total Posts: 302

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me too! I had been wondering about that but keep missing the show.

Mindle

xo_ash_ley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great, Watch it people! An check out that site, because it says what he says on the show. Thanks!! It comes on sunday!
Kasssy

Total Posts: 156

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WATCH IT!! WATCH IT!! Smile

It's basically like " The Secret " motivating and it makes us get through back our senses. If you missed it, you can always download it on the net Smile thank you very much torrents!
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, I'll check out the website, Thanks guys!!
:YeNNi:

Total Posts: 170

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a bunch of it on youtube too if you guys search, you will find a lot of episodes!!

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

caramiamt

Total Posts: 52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: TV Show Reply with quote

I've seen it I am not sure what to think about it yet..

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one single step
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this show and this man. I have been following his 'plan' for five weeks now. My whole attitude toward food has changed. I don't think about food all day long now. I'm starting to feel like I have a normal relatinship with food. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but this has helped me immensely! Very Happy

XO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com