Okay I have a question--everyone jump in     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justagirl_916

Total Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Okay I have a question--everyone jump in Reply with quote

Whats the toughest part of starting your diet?

For me its staying with it for more than two or three days, the first few days are awsome, but then I totally lose my diet "enthusasim" I dunno any ideas how I can help this?

Carebear946

Total Posts: 120

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...thats what diet.com is for. When you feel the need to break down and binge, come online for some support. Blog your feelings and rant and rave about how you feel. This always helps me. We are all here for you and we will supply you with all the motivation you need.

Kerry
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Whats the toughest part of starting your diet? (REPLY) Reply with quote

The toughest part of starting for me is the , first month. I do o.k. for the first couple of weeks, then life get's in the way and I normally quit trying. BUT NOT THIS TIME !!!! I agree with carebear946 that blogging and posting is the best thing to do when your having problems & for motivation. Join the Fresh start challenge, if you haven't already it's very motivating.We can all help each other!
Lots of luck on your journey. Laughing Laughing

Why Weight GO MACS!!!!
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The toughest part is realizing that diets don't work, changing works. Change is hard and uncomfortable and so very, very worth it!

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many things that make it tough to continue to lose weight.

When left to my own devices I eat fairly well and don't snack so do well. When I have outside influences that bring me "down" as in make me feel sad or as though it isn't worth it then I tend to go to eating something I like.

We never have or have had junk food in the house since I wasn't raised with anything like that so don't have it in my home now either. We have always drunk straight milk or water...no added things.

The main things that bring me down these days are the stresses of looking after my 93 year old grandmother who is SOOOOO negative ALL the time and puts EVERYTHING down that I try to do for her and I am the only one that does anything with or for her, I am her primary caregiver. The other stresses are the kids, they are all good kids and don't do anything wrong but I guess I just have to change to societies ways of thinking and their morals. I don't agree with many things that are socially acceptable now and it upsets me when the kids join in with the crowd.

So they are my main things for not sticking to what I want and need to do for me.

Jennylee

Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these tips are good. Continuing to be involved with the site on a daily basis will help you tremendously. Reach out and post a blog or on the boards and you will get a lot of helpful support. Think of it as not a diet but a change in your lifestyle. Start changing your habits slowly,work on one at a time instead of going gung-ho and trying to change everything at once! Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com