does anyone know what will help boost my matabulism?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMBOVA05

Total Posts: 44

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: does anyone know what will help boost my matabulism? Reply with quote

Well I pretty much said what i wanted to ask in the subject so yeah, does anyone know how i can boost my matabulism.

Jeannie
~Steady snacker~uneasy participant~Emotional eater~
Ixchel

Total Posts: 15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside a steady regular diet and exercise that is about all I know. I don't know if there are any products that help. I'm sure there are alot that claim to.

Ixchel Smile
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The fat-burning metabolism-boosting products aren't good for you. They all contain some type of stimulant...be it high doses of caffeine, or other herbal stuff. And the fine print...always says to be used in conjunction with a good workout & diet.

Bottom line...the workout/diet will give you all the boost you need, without adding a bunch of crud to your system.

Ixchel is right. The best way to rev up your metabolism is...what we've known all along. Nothing is more effective than well-rounded exercise routine...which includes both cardio exercise AND strength-training...and a clean diet, dividing your daily calories into several (at least 5) small balanced meals/snacks. Example: If your caloric needs are 1500, you will metabolize them better, by dividing them into 5-300 cal meals, or 3-300 and 3-200, than you will if you have only 3-500.
Keeping saturated fats, processed junk, and sweets to a minimum will help too.
BEST WISHES Very Happy
tknight

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: does anyone know what will help boost my metabolism? Reply with quote

I am also trying to increase my metabolism as well as helping my 10 year old son to get in better shape.
Last week I found the dvd "Tae Bo for Kids" at Wal-Mart. When I showed it to my 10 year old son, he just rolled his eyes and thought it was totally embarrassing. After coaxing him into doing it with me twice, he now asks me everyday if we are going to workout this afternoon. He really gets disappointed if we have to skip it, which really keeps me in line. (Don't let on that he has that must power over me...)
Best yet, it really works me pretty well too. And it is fun!
I usually go for a walk afterwards to help wined down for the evening. He joins me for that too occasionally. Before this, I never just got out and even walked.

P.S. He still has me sworn to secrecy... so don't tell! Wink
camphikefish

Total Posts: 519

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sooo cool!!!

Too bad I can't invite my skinny 12 yr old to work out with me. Somehow, I just dont' belly dancing and my other workout tapes are age or gender appropriate! Embarassed Laughing Wink

Soon to be slender Sara!

camphikefish

Total Posts: 519

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - I didn't have to swear him to be quiet about the belly dancing. He's already mortified! Shocked And the other fun vidoes, he does not know about! Surprised

Soon to be slender Sara!

froggie33333

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: metabolism Reply with quote

Hi,
My names Jennifer. In July, I started a diet that was for my metabolice type. There are for ?'s and 4 ways to respond to each one. Then there are 4 differtent types. They also give you a sample 1 day menu. I've lost about 10 ponds so far on that diet.
Let me know if you would like to take the quiz
tknight

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: metabolism Reply with quote

Please send it to me!!!!

Thanks -

tknight

froggie33333 wrote:
Hi,
My names Jennifer. In July, I started a diet that was for my metabolice type. There are for ?'s and 4 ways to respond to each one. Then there are 4 differtent types. They also give you a sample 1 day menu. I've lost about 10 ponds so far on that diet.
Let me know if you would like to take the quiz
loveangelmusicbaby

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been scientifically proven that drinking a cup of green tea every day increases metabolism.
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost nobody has a metabolic problem. A slow metabolism is a very, very rare occurance. Most people who think they have a slow metabolism have a muscle vs. fat ratio problem. Did you know that fat burns calories, so does sleeping and typing and breathing, etc. But fat doesn't burn many calories, but muscle REALLY burns calories. Even at rest muscle burns lots of calories. Get rid of the fat, plump up the muscle and you become a calorie burning machine.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steffeysue wrote:
Almost nobody has a metabolic problem. A slow metabolism is a very, very rare occurance. Most people who think they have a slow metabolism have a muscle vs. fat ratio problem. Did you know that fat burns calories, so does sleeping and typing and breathing, etc. But fat doesn't burn many calories, but muscle REALLY burns calories. Even at rest muscle burns lots of calories. Get rid of the fat, plump up the muscle and you become a calorie burning machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com