Accountability partner needed     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginger3139

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Accountability partner needed Reply with quote

I am in the military and cannot exercise as much as I need to because of bad knees and a bad heart. If I don't lose some weight soon, they may kick me out and I am nearing retirement!

I am looking for someone to partner with me and let me know they are watching me. I am not close to any family so I don't have a support system here where I live.

Can anyone help me?
MAGGIEMAE

Total Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginger! For some reason I can't get this message to stop repeating itself! Yikes!!

Last edited by MAGGIEMAE on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MAGGIEMAE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginger! Back again, this is weird!
!

Last edited by MAGGIEMAE on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MAGGIEMAE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginger! Last time..stay tuned below.....

Last edited by MAGGIEMAE on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
MAGGIEMAE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Help is here! Reply with quote

Hi Ginger!
Very Happy I am here for you! I find it really admirable that you can ask for help. I have a hard time with that one. Your plea for a partner has been heard! What can I do for you? I can send you daily messages to the point of annoying you if you like!

Razz Actually, you have a serious motivator to keep you on track already...retirement! We just have to get a practical plan in-place to get you there!

Arrow For starters, I encourage you to read the Diet Personality Quiz results and pick one thing from each area to work on. Let me know what your challenges are.

Arrow About the exercise.... I know the knee and heart troubles are a challenge. Have you been diagnosed with anything specific? Do you have a physical therapy routine to do for your knees? I am not a Doctor and would never want to suggest something harmfull, so if you have some suggestions from a Doctor about exercise , share them with me and I can keep you on track with those.

Feel free to send me private messages as well as continue to reach out to any of us on this site.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation We will not let you give up! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
jenmike54

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginger,
I am new here and looking for a support buddy too. I am familiar with military life....it can be hard and lonely. I am here if you need someone to talk too.
Jen Very Happy
kmalexta

Total Posts: 151

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Dear Tender Bender... Reply with quote

From one tender bender to another it can be very frustrating to want to do something but fear iof njury is always present! But we have to find things that we can do. Modify anything to make a small change. There is nothing harder than to strart and have to quit due to more pain!
Here are some ideas I use and have gained from my 97 yr old Grandmother who still lives on her own!: (I'm 50 and used to be an athlete)

There is a arm chair video that is inexpensive. You do everthing sitting so no knee pressure. Modify where needed. It will build muscle without knee pain or heart strain. (Ask your Dr)

Grandma uses small soup cans and does bicep curls while sitting and watching TV. You can move to larger cans when ready. She also uses Therma bands. They're different colored bands for resistance training.

Get to a swimming pool if you can.

I walk slowly to use my other leg and body parts Laughing but not hard enough to strain my knees. But at least I'm moving my other parts and my lymph system cleans out a little and I feel happier.

I started out just slowly walking to the end of the block and back. Then, and only when that was easy, I added very small distances. I now can walk over a mile! That is nothing to most people, or my early years but for me it is a miracle! And I'll keep plugging at it.

Of course ASK your DR what is good for you! But be patient and do little steps to build up physically as well as mentally so you can be doing something to improve...anything is better than nothing Smile

Don't compare yourselves to others or yourself at a younger age...it won't help you get where you can be now Smile

Just don't give up looking for things you CAN do. You will improve! Maybe we can all brainstorm together and get you going forward:)

But alas...Now I have to go and takemy own advice Shocked Laughing

Take care
Karena

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com