I WANNA LOSE 40LBS.. NEED ADVICE..     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mya523

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: I WANNA LOSE 40LBS.. NEED ADVICE.. Reply with quote

HELLO I JUST STARTED LIKE 2 DAYS AGO AND TODAY I'M JUST STARTING EVERYTHING, BUT MY RUTINE EVERYDAY IS KINDA WIERD...I GO TO SLEEP LATE CUZ OF MY KIDS, I HAVE A 7 MONTH OLD SON THAT KEPS ME UP AT NIGHT, THATS WHY I'M A NIGHT NIBBLER..LOL....MY DAUGHTER IS AWAKE CUZ I'M AWAKE ( CANT PUT HER TO SLEEP EARLY).
I SOMETIMES GO TO THE GYM, BUT ITS HARD FOR ME TO ACCUALLY GO FOR 3 DAYS A WEEK, I DONT HAVE NOONE TO TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS. ITS HARD FOR ME TO KEEP UP.. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME AN ADVICE ON HOW I CAN CHANGE THIS PATTERN OR SOMETHING....ANYONE WANNA FRIEND I'M HERE..... Wink
mya523

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: sad!! Reply with quote

wow, losts of people viewed my post and no reply!!
how is this ganna work on someone who is willing to recieve an advice??
how can you succeed without any one holding your back???
well too bad i'm a good person, and i just wasted my money in willing to get to know people here who is the same as me!!! well alil, cuz everyone is different!!

Crying or Very sad
pschaef

Total Posts: 114

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for not responding. I have found a couple of my posts in the past have been viewed and not responded to and it can be a little frustrating. I always wonder if what I wrote was silly or something. Regardless, I hope you still give Diet.com a chance. I still find it is helpful, to read all of the posts or read through my strategies.
I am here virtually everyday, if you are still interested in getting to know someone here. I'd like to get to know some more people here as well. I am having trouble staying motivated, especially to exercise and would love to have some buddies to talk to, maybe it would help.
Hope to hear from you,
Pam
rrobins123

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too apologize... Embarassed
I really don't post anything interesting, but when I do I would also like to see responses and replies to see if there is anything, anyone else can add to help with my situation. Also it is kinda of a release for me to put things into words, even if it doesn't make any sense to anybody else.
Anyhow, I hope things are going better for you.
I know, I look through the boards often just to get that extra motivation that I need, because I am so desperately lacking in that catagory. There is alot of GREAT advice out there and alot of GREAT people who can offer ideas and suggestions.
Please hang in there. You can send me a private message if you like to keep in touch and let me know how your progress is coming along. I don't mind sharing my progress. It isn't much... TEE-HEE!!! Laughing My scale broke and I am refusing to purchase another until my clothes start to feel a little more comfortable!!!
gotta run...
Keep up the good work.
Ruthann Smile
jenmike54

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mya,
I thought the same thing about the posts....and about the money I spent...well that is my motivation, because if my husband finds out how much I spent and I don't lose anything....well I would hate to hear what he would have to say....yet another weight loss thing I spent money on for nothing. So I am determined to do this. I am open to be your support buddy if you like.
Jen
mya523

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: HEY. Reply with quote

hi people
thank you for replying, it wasnt my intention to make people feel offended but as you can understand, someone who is willing to lose these pounds doesnt mind an opinion, HEY, people learn everyday from eachother..i love to chat and i like to share opinions. I really appreciate you girls for replying back, it gives me another boost to lose these pounds.
sadly i'm not really following the meal plan.
all i'm trying to do is stick with fruit and follow the what to watch out for in food thing, and fix my personality...well write back in private or anything if you have any questions....

Mya
pschaef

Total Posts: 114

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mya, I know what you mean. I know I need people and their support to help keep me motivated. If I leave it up to relying on just myself I don't do so well.
I've found it really hard for the last month or so. I've been sick with just about every cold, flu, bronchitis.... I should be back on track for sure within a week or so. Its hard when you're sick.
Anyhew, I hope all is going well with you. Keep us updated on your progress. Hopefully I can start making some progress of my own again.

Take care,
Pam
mya523

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i havent been on toooooooo busy
MAGGIEMAE

Total Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone in the "lose 25-50" club!!

As I read over this thread, I realized that the original question from Mya was not adressed: how to change the patterns that make weight loss difficult?

First, Mya, welcome!

Secondly: How is your night schedule running lately? You have a night-owl son and a mamma's girl right? I am hoping that your little one has changed his sleep routine and your daughter is tired enough to fall asleep at a regular hour! Are you still a "Night Nibbler"? Let us know what's happening.

As for how to lose weight..well you know the drill...eat less, exercise more! Of course how to you fit in exercise with your busy schedule is the challenge! You are probably burning lots of calories just doing the mom stuff! Do you wear a pedometer? Have you checked out Dr. Diets Activities of Daily Living?They are all things you are doing anyway!Do you know how many calories you burn vacuuming?Keep tracking these things so you can challenge yourself to do more the next time!

It seems like your diet can be in your control since your kids are so young...you probably are used to fixing two different meals anyway ( a kids meal and an adult version). If your house is anything like mine was when my kids were young, I would have fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains while the kids ate the spaghettio's or chicken nuggets; drank their formula(or nursed) and ate gerber baby food! The nightime snacking might be easier to avoid if you are eating three planned meals and two planned snacks every day. (kids eat that way naturally anyway!)

I hope I have given you some ideas to get you started. Be sure to re-take the personality test if it has been a couple of months since you first tried it. Then read the strategies. Pick one or two to start working on. You'll be succesfull !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com