Home Exercise Program     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pianogal67

Total Posts: 33

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Home Exercise Program Reply with quote

I have a Total Gym and a treadmill. Since I am the "Queen of Routine" I need some suggestions for workout plans. Right now, I'm beyond being in a "rut"...I'm flat out NOT motivated to exercise (even though I usually love it!) Also, how should I log my Total Gym...under "weight lifting"?

People don\'t behave randomly; they do what works! --Dr. Phil
a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w18kMGD/">
dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your total gym would be considered weight lifting.

As for the routien, perhaps try a new set of extersizes that came with your total gym, or try some free weights (they aren't too expensive) or maybe take a walk or run outside instead of on the treadmill or take a class at the ymca or a different place. Just to change for a bit, you always know your total gym and treadmill will be downstairs!

pianogal67

Total Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, but I prefer the solitude of my workouts. Smile The whole point of having these machines is so I don't have to go to a gym (and pay the monthy fees) and because the roads around my house are totally unsafe for walking. I really want to make this work, but find myself doing the same walk on the treadmill. How to make it more challenging? More incline more often? Increase time? I'm usually more creative than this....help! Shocked

People don\'t behave randomly; they do what works! --Dr. Phil
a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w18kMGD/">
ready_to_soar

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do interval training by alternating walking and running. I heard about walking backwards on the treadmill to work different muscles, but I haven't actually tried it!

For strength training, you can change your exercises every few weeks. I don't know if the total gym can do different exercises, but you can try free weights or exercises that uses your own weight like push-ups and such.

RenZzen

Total Posts: 24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe get yourself some new CDs and make the rule that you can only listen to them while exercising. I consider a new CD a real treat, so this helps me when I need a little motivation.

The new Led Zeppelin "Mothership" CD is awesome! Very Happy But my rule: if I want to indulge in its digital remastery, I have to be on the treadmill or out walking! Cool

The backwards treadmilling thing sounds pretty challenging. I'm far too clumsy for that myself, but it sounds like a good way to mix things up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com