personal training sessions     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSL-Lauren

Total Posts: 487

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: personal training sessions Reply with quote

So a bit ago I posted a message on the boards about my new gym, and how i'm uneasy about switching and adjusting to it! Well, one thing i'm REALLY excited about with the new gym membership now is that I get one free personal training session! I really wanted to tell someone about how much i'm looking forward to it, so i thought i'd post here! While doing a little shopping last weekend for my new apartment, I got a call from a Personal Trainer at the gym saying that with new memberships they give out a complimentary training session! So i'm going there tomorrow at 8am! I've never had a personal training session before, so I'm quite excited to get new ideas (especially since i'm a Set Routine Repeater). I also want to know if I've been doing some exercises correctly, or if there's anything I can improve on.

So anyway, if you're just joining a gym, or even if it's been awhile since you signed up, you should look into if your gym has a similar deal at all! Since gyms are so competitive with each other, i bet there's a chance they might. Smile

Best Wishes,

CSL-Lauren Smile
reneesman

Total Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering how you got along with your training session. I found that it was a lot of help getting a routine and learning the proper form for doing the exercises in my program.
I is a great benefit to your fitness program to be doing the workout with proper form and in proper order.

I know I can, I know I can.....
CSL-Lauren

Total Posts: 487

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Thanks for asking! The personal training session went really well and was really helpful, I thought. First, though, showing up was sort of funny because the trainer thought I wasn't going to be there, since it was so early on a Saturday!

Anyway, it was basically an assessment of my fitness level, finding my strengths and weaknesses. First i had to fill out a questionnaire, and he took my body fat percentage. He made me do some interval training on the treadmill for about 10 minutes, and then i did leg exercises, upper body exercises, and abwork.

the one exercise that i think i've fallen in love with after my session was this leg one where i put one of my legs on a bench, heel up, and with the other one i hop forward a bit til my leg is a good distance from the bench, and then i do a lunge (10x). It works my leg muscles on both of my legs.

When he asked me how i was feeling half way through the exercise, i said "My legs are on fire!!" 'cause it was such an intense move and you could really feel the burn. but! i knew the move was actually challenging myself!

my problem is that I'm a set routine repeater, so having the session really helped me get new ideas like that.

he said that the one thing I really needed to work on is my upper body strength, which I guess i already knew already but didn't want to admit to myself. So he suggested I do modified pushups interspersed with regular ones and that would make a big difference. So i've since then added that to my workout, along with a fwe other upper body moves.

The one thing i found most interesting is that he said I should wait about 10 seconds between sets, but anything longer than that was basically a waste of time. I'm a bit confused about this because I've heard from others that you should wait at least 30 seconds to let the muscle repair itself! Anyone know which is best?

Best Wishes,

CSL-Lauren Smile
SavvySnacker

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I was a personal trainer myself, I had the same trial with a trainer. I loved it! I really got pushed and realized that I wasn't doing the same in my own workouts. Now I really push myself in my own workouts!! Oh and another bonus - it inspired me to want to help others!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com