Can't seem to lose my muffin top!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShilohWesten

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Can't seem to lose my muffin top! Reply with quote

Hey, I'm Shiloh. I'm 5'6 and 126 pounds, I have great legs, and great arms, the only bad part is my stomach! I have a muffin top, if you don't know what that is, it's when your love handles, and stomach hang over your jeans a little bit.

I've tried forever to get rid of it but nothing seems to work! I want to way 116 pounds, and have a nice flat tummy. So here is a plan, do you think this plan would work in 6 weeks?

Eat healthy, no sodas, or junk food, 1,500 calories a day.

Jog for 30 minutes every day.

30 crunches every day.

And then that exercise where you sit on a ball, twist side ways and do crunches for your love handles.

So my two questions are:
What's an exercise for your lower stomach?

Do you think this will help me shed the 10 pounds, and get rid of my muffin top in 6 weeks?
ShilohWesten

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i see many people have viewed it, but no one will take the time to reply. Please reply I'd really appreciate it.
rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to lose 6-12 pounds safely in 6 weeks by eating healthier like you say, I am not sure of the calorie intake for your weight though. I looked it up on this online calculator and it said 1892 for your height weight and age, you should go about 500 cal less than what you need, so maybe your intake should be a little lower. I weigh 162 and my intake to lose weight is 1500, I suspect yours should be lower. You should ask someone more knowledgable about this.
You might want to mix up your cardio and not jog everyday, but thats up to you. I would think that you would have to do a good long ab workout at least three times a week or more. I don't know if 30 crunches would be enough.You can do leg lifts for your abs, the crunches on the exercise ball are good workout, and you can probably find lots of exercises by doing a search, or look at fitness tools on the left side of the main page, and click on core exercises.
It seems to take a lot of work to have nice abs. I used to weigh around 112 lbs when I was in my 20s and I couldn't get rid of the ab flab.
Maybe you could post on Fitness Fun board to get more replies. The boards are usually slower on the weekends, less replies.
Good luck.

troopermom

Total Posts: 273

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people always have little love handles no matter what they do (when my husband was at his skinniest in the military out in the desert--he still had them). There isn't a way to spot reduce, but there is some good news. The crunches and stability ball exercises will firm up the muscles underneath, but won't get rid of the fatty layer, that takes an aerobic activity--like jogging. So you are on the right track with both of those. I can't say for sure it will only take 6 weeks...but if you stick with it you should see a difference. Hope that helps. Cool
Breezy999

Total Posts: 503

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at 5'6" and 126 pounds, you are on the lower end of a healthy weight and bmi scale. Be carefull about losing more weight. It sounds more like you need toning than weight loss. work on strength training, balance ball, core exercises and firm up the flesh under your skin. this will tighten and tone. And as troopermom says some of this is just genetic. I have NO waist, my ribs ride on my hip bones, I will NEVER have a long lean waist no matter what... that's genetics...
LLiB

misterbims

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me that the muffin top is not actually fat, but simply extra "flab" - in otherwords....you need to tone.

I HIGHLY recommend some form of Pilates....I personally prefer Winsor Pilates...and its very easy since you can simply buy a DVD. Even with a 20 minute workout 4X a week, I bet you will see results in 3-4 weeks.

Give it a try. Yoga also may do it for you. Crunches are great, but they only target a certain abdominal muscle group. If you try Pilates, you are going to work your entire "core" - which includes your obliques (love handles)...

good luck!

-jen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com