Great low fat meal     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathgilliam

Total Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Great low fat meal Reply with quote

Marinate a pork tenderloin in fat free italian dressing. Bake covered in 350 oven for one hour, removing cover last ten minutes of bake time. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds.

Sautee onions and green peppers while tenderloin is cooking.

Fill pitas with tenderloin discs, peppers, onions and German mustard (coarse with the seeds). Serve with baked beans and salad.

Semantje

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Great low fat meal Reply with quote

kathgilliam wrote:
Marinate a pork tenderloin in fat free italian dressing. Bake covered in 350 oven for one hour, removing cover last ten minutes of bake time. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds.

Sautee onions and green peppers while tenderloin is cooking.

Fill pitas with tenderloin discs, peppers, onions and German mustard (coarse with the seeds). Serve with baked beans and salad.

sounds great gonna try it. thanks!!
rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, I love pork tenderloin. I usually rub mine with Carribbean seasoning and throw on the grill. I slice it up and put on a salad, and make Cuban sandwiches for my hubby and daughter.
I can't wait to try your recipe.

Breezy999

Total Posts: 503

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to take 1 pound of pork, cut into 1" cubes, get the wok screaming hot, drizzle about 2 tablespoons canola oil and 1 tblsp hot chili paste, toss in the pork. quick cook it to seare outside and put in a bowl; take the screaming hot wok, add brocolli florets, asperigus, green beans, all cut into 1" pieces, frozen corn and mushrooms, and stir fry those really quick (don't add more oil, if necessary use a spritz of a cooking spray or 'i can't believe it's not butter spray') mix in with the pork pieces.
serve rolled in a steamed low fat flour tortilla, pita or over brown rice, makes 4-6 servings (6 in a pita or tortilla, 4 over rice). YUM!

kathgilliam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Both sound great! Reply with quote

I will have to try both, although without hot sauce because we can't take the heat, but I have to stay in the kitchen!

I have a wok pan and have been wanting to do some stir fry...Breezy, yours sounds wonderful! The other day I saw some cooking spray, like PAM, may have even been PAM brand, can't remember--anyway it was for HOT oil cooking. I'm going to get some next time and try it with your combination of ingredients! I'll let you know how it goes.

Caribbean spice mix....like for Jerk Chicken? What's in it, I wonder? Is it hot at all?

K

rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is like the jerk seasoning, and it is spicy, not the same hot as a chili pepper, but has a bite to it.

Breezy999

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't take heat, try terriaki or soy, but be sure to get the extra low sodium or sodium free.
I don't like prepared terriaki sauces since they are SO sweet but if you want a substitute put about 1/4 cup soy sauce in a small pan, add a little (about 1 tblsp) sesame oil and a couple tablespoons of honey, smash some garlic (I have an award made out of marble, about 1" thick and the size of a business card I use as my garlic smasher) smash 2 cloves of garlic, peel, resmash and drop in the soy sause. simmer on low until most of the water evaporates, you will have a really rich, garlicy sweet glaze similar to terriaki but without the high sugar content. Use that in stir fry instead of the hot chili and you will have a sweeter milder glaze, just use a little bit until you have the taste you like.
I use this in a lot of my stir fry's when I am not in the mood for hot, or if I'm bringing to work where not everyone appreciates food that bites back!
LLiB

kathgilliam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Teriyaki Sauce Reply with quote

Breezy, that sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your recipe! I'm going to make that pronto! I get really tired of chicken, and my family loves...CRAVES even...oriental food. I'm going to have fun experimenting with that.

And the balsamic marinate is right up my alley!!! I have a neat little gadget that lets you put in myriad small items and grill them without loss. I'm going to fill it with marinated veggies and shrimp and have a feast!

Breezy999

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kath... I really love your recipes too! I printed them and have them handy for when we're looking for something new to try!
LLiB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com