how often i should eat if i eat 5 meals a day?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jyyuan

Total Posts: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: how often i should eat if i eat 5 meals a day? Reply with quote

every 3 hours?
8, 11, 3, 6, 9?
and how much the meal for each? hard to count calories each time.

I worry about that if i eat this much but i couldn't go for workout then i will gain a weight instead.
dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of 5 mini meals or 3 main meals and two snacks is to help spread what you eat throughout the day. There is no magic amount for each meal or for that matter when you should eat it. As for working out, you should have a light meal (about 200 or so calories ) 1-2 hours before working out to help power you through the work out. Try to not have a heavy meal before as you will be digesting instead of working out. Try to see what works best for you for the number of calories you are suposed to have (estimate if there is no othere way to tell exactly, for examply my grandma makes me soup I have no idea how much is in it I go to the tracker and "guess" from the closest type of soup).

jyyuan

Total Posts: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply, that is very helpful! I was once eating too much each meal and gained weight instead of losing any. I may need to reduce my afternoon snack.
yeah, a lot of times, i feel i am lack of energy to workout. so, eat something before workout!
ready_to_soar

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counting calories is very helpful when you start. It keeps you on track, and educates you on how much energy each food is giving you. Also you need to measure the food to count calories, so you control the portions and the number of servings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com