New!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendrap

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: New! Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and have a substantial amount of weight to lose (135 lb). I live in a small town in Southeast Alaska.

Over time, my weight has gotten away from me and when I try to diet and exercise, I'm good for a while and then I gradually go back to my old lifestyle. I want to try to make the changes I'm making stick. I'm on my first week of this challenge! I'm using recipes from www.foodfit.com. They have some excellent recipes there and meal plans. The only problem I've found with the meal plans on that site is that it assumes you are going to cook every meal. Alternatively, my profile on this site has me eating a lot of prepackaged stuff. I think I've found a happy medium, though. The main thing for me to track is portion control. I like the meal tracker function on this website because it really forces me to keep good track of what I'm eating. I wish there was a water tracker, too.

Right now, I'm just trying to deal with the portion sizes and changes to healthy eating and then I'll start dealing with the exercise portion. Right now at work, they are having a stairwell challenge, so I am taking the stairs (and I'm on the top floor) a lot.

The other thing that is a challenge for me is my family. I have a 14 year old son and a husband. We could all eat healthier, so that's not a problem. What I don't like is that feeling of being "watched," if you know what I mean. Sometimes, when people know you're trying to lose weight, they start monitoring for you. That's not the kind of help I need. But, I'll work through it.

I'm looking forward to being on this board and getting some encouragement, tips, and maybe a new friend or two.

Kendra

Kitten1481

Total Posts: 112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kendra! Its great that you are taking part in the stair challenge. Thats a wonderful way to get in some extra steps and excercise every day.
I know about the being watched feeling i hate it lol but just hang in there eventually they will forget about it when something else comes along maybe? lol
Welcome again

Think Pink!
debsarooni

Total Posts: 21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there

Welcome! Great news on the stairs challenge. Im trying to do that at work too.

You will find plenty of friends here as we are all here to support each other!

Deb x

Don\'t Panic!
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

You sound like you have sorted things out to work for you which is good.

I know how you feel about people, even family, watching your every move when you are dieting. It can be very frustrating. Try not to let it bother you and please don't do what I have done on occaision and end up going elsewhere to sneak a bit of something you REALLY fancy just because of the glares you would get from others. I think if you fancy something that you shouldn't have then if you eat it in front of someone else you may be less likely to eat more than you should. Most things are good if eaten in moderation.

Take care and happy dieting,
Jennylee

lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Keep posting and reading. Eat less and move more and it will happen for you. Razz

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com