Hello Everyone     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdparker1

Total Posts: 153

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

Wanted to get together with others that are looking to lose 50 to 100lbs for some support.
GIN212345

Total Posts: 113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: HEY Reply with quote

HEY BDPARKER1,
MY NAME IS GIN, I WANT TO LOSE ABOUT 100LBS OR MORE. AND STAY THAT WAY.HOW ABOUT YOU, WHAT KIND OF DIET ARE YOU DOING?
GIN
shill53

Total Posts: 45

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Hi there bdparker1 and Gin212345
I am looking to get rid of a lot of weight too. I seem to be the slow plodding type, not huge weight losses I have seen posted on the board, but a little bit here and a little bit there. I have worked really hard at making up my own meal plans and finally it is getting easier. I count calories and then of course you have to make sure you are getting enough different nutrients - I have sent a ton of questions in to Shauna on rate my plate and that has helped lots. Being active does not come easy to me, I don't know about you. I have to admit I struggle with that one and it is amazing how many excuses I can come up with that use the weather! Still I am improving there too, using my pedometer and not watching TV in the evenings. Don't you find that TV is the worst thing for your diet? It seems that as soon as I sit in front of the TV my mind starts to wander to what snack might be lurking in the kitchen Shocked
I think it says a lot about the quality of TV too, I must be more bored than I thought Laughing
Well, hope you are both doing well. Keep in touch
GIN212345

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: HELLO Reply with quote

HI KATE,
well i'm still working on being a good supporter/getting support. i need to update my profile a little too. i've lost some/gained some. but i'll look into it. i'm gonna startwrite in lower cased letters. sometimes the big cased letters are a blur to me too, so it makes it harder to read.....now i understand.
GIN
hi shill53,
as to you..... i'm the same way....i count the calories/fat intake a day... before it was hard for me to watch what i eat, because i work 2nd shift...now i'm atleast getting off at an earlier time. i get enough exercise at work so all i need to do is watch what i eat.
you are so right...when i sit down at the couch i start wondering what to snack on too. thats so weird. why is that? oh well it has to be because we're bored. sometimes i would just eat and not watch tv. just because i was bored.
GIN
shill53

Total Posts: 45

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: shift changes Reply with quote

I think changing shifts is really hard on a person. You end up learning to eat when you are not hungry because you know that if you don't your next chance to grab something to eat may be hours and hours away. I suppose it depends where you are working, if you have a desk you can keep something at then that is ok.
I work a weird shift that used to leave me over 5 hours without a break and then a long drive home. Not too healthy and not good for my diabetes. Anyway, I have negotiated myself a later break so that I can cut that down to 4 hours, and I take a healthy snack to have before I drive home in case I am delayed at work.
I wonder if obesity came with the car or shift work???
GIN212345

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: HAHAHA Reply with quote

HEY SHILL53,
lol....you are so right.....there would be times when i'd get home a fix a small pizza, just because i got in the habbit off eating when i got home.and i knew i wouldn't eat again until 12 noon the next day....thats even when i get up at 8am. i think it came from both. like ok, say you were a cab driver....okay your sitting in a car all day, so the only thing you could get to eat is something fastfood.you cant really exercise it off.
then again it could come from changing shifts...just like your sleeping habbits change, your eating habbits do too.
my main problem is eating out of bordom, or sitting down watching tv/eating.
GIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com