Ideas for easy protein snacks     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathleend1

Total Posts: 50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Ideas for easy protein snacks Reply with quote

I find that I am full a lot longer and more satisfied if I have protein mixed with a starch, fruit, or veggy for a small meal or snack. One of my favorite quick, no cooking meals is a fat free Ball Park hotdog heated in the microwave on a piece of 80 calorie whole wheat bread with a little ketchup, mustard, and relish. Does anyone have any other suggestions for easy, quick, no cooking items that have protein in them for when I don't have time to cook?
lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For snacks, low-moisture part skim mozzarella string cheese is filling. I sometimes eat it with a few whole wheat triscuits. I also like to keep turkey kielbasa cut up and pre-portioned to grab for an easy snack. I like to grill it then store it and pop it in the microwave to eat.

For quick and easy small meals, I keep the 6 oz bags of Tyson pre-cooked chicken strips on hand (the cajun is really good.) In 60 seconds, I can have a meal by heating chicken strips on a whole wheat tortilla with a few sprinkles of shredded cheese and salsa. I can also toss the chicken on some salad greens and have a fabulous salad. Another protein I enjoy is pre-cooked salmon or pre-cooked shrimp. They are easy and healthy.

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
kathleend1

Total Posts: 50

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lifematters! I'll definitely try those ideas. Anyone else out there with some suggestions?
SvelteMe

Total Posts: 302

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummus is great too. You can make a sandwich or wrap with it, spread it over crackers, or dip veggies in it. Probably other things as well.

Mindle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com