So, here I am!?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JNLairmore

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: So, here I am!? Reply with quote

Confused Well, I am going to try it. I am going to try another diet. Thing is, I don't have the means to join diet.com and get the meal plans and stuff, so can anyone help me. My husband and I are both trying and I have thought of everything. My name is Jenifer, I am a mother of 2. When I had my son I was in a size 4 walking out of the hospital. How many can say that???? Then this year I had Abbi. Along with the marriage I was at a weight of 160 then I had her and now I am 175. I have never been this big in my life. I used to dance, do ballet, work out all the time, be thin. Now, I feel huge. One of my coworkers even asked me if I was pregnant again! So, encourgement, yes I need it. Help; oh I definitly need this. A new diet plan so I can lose 50 pounds! YOU BETCHA! I would love to be down to 135 by April 1st, unrealistic yes....probably is. But can someone help me reach something more realistic???? Please. I am begging for some help. Exclamation My e-mail is JNLairmore@yahoo.com if you would like to e-mail me personally.
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to diet. . .. forget about it. This ain't no diet. We are here changing our lives!!! Start back exercising, start using some portion control, drink more water, etc. There are lots of great ideas all over these boards, from beginning to end. You don't have to have special foods, you just need to eat the right amounts of food. Use smaller plates, chew each bite 32 times, put your fork down between bites, never clean your plate, pay attention to when you get full, read labels, wait 10 minutes before having that snack to see if you really want it, stay out of the drive ups. Just don't try to do them all at once. It will overwhelm you. Pick a few things and make them habit and then try to add another one. Weight loss is really simple, it boils down to calories in and calories out. Read the boards, add your own comments, we will be here to help you. You can do this.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
JNLairmore

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Steffey. I am sure I can figure something out. Maybe I'll start using my saucer plates for dinner!
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that's not bad. I went to Walmart (one of my favorite stores, here in the sticks) and bought the Correlle 8" plate. It is bigger than the saucer and smaller than the dinner plate. It worked great!

You might also start looking at labels, and getting an idea of just how big a serving size is. You will find that some things have like 100 calories per serving, and yet they are the size of 1/2 a bite!! LOL Okay, an exaggeration, but you will discover that the serving sizes are usually MUCH smaller than you imagined. Those two things, will be a great starting place.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
Myama

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: What works for me Reply with quote

While I've recently gained the weight that I was able to keep off for two years..what worked for me is eating lots of salad with minimal dressing and some protein ( chicken or beef). At home and at work I always make sure that I have a pre-packaged meal like lean cuisine, weight watchers or smart ones - that contain no more then 300 calories. My husband will catch them on sale, so they are usually about $1.99 a piece - a great buy!!!! They are really good and despite the size they will fill you up... you just need to focus on enjoying the meal and not how much is on your plate... don't forget to drink lots of water. Good luck.... you can do it

karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ditto Steff . . . so many people think they have to follow an expensive diet . . . not true . . . portion control, moderation and lots of exercise . . .
works better than any diet out there . . .

Welcome!

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

ptwonline

Total Posts: 140

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What works for me Reply with quote

Myama wrote:
At home and at work I always make sure that I have a pre-packaged meal like lean cuisine, weight watchers or smart ones - that contain no more then 300 calories. My husband will catch them on sale, so they are usually about $1.99 a piece - a great buy!!!! They are really good and despite the size they will fill you up

I love those things! However, you still have to be a bit careful with those. Even though the calories may be low, as processed food they can contain a lot of sodium and cholesterol. I always check the labels before I buy since you never know when a little 300 calorie meal will have 100% of your entire day's sodium intake!! Shocked

AnnaBegonia

Total Posts: 48

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started the rice diet, it however is more about changing your eating habits. I'm not sure if I can post a link but send me a message and I'll send you the link I found.

I am a mom of 4 and need to lose 60 pounds to get to my goal of 135. at 195, I weigh at least 20 pounds more than ever (even in my 9th month of pregnancy) it seemed to happen so fast, but it crept on over the last year of eating very poorly. Lots of pizza, chips, burgers. ~sigh~ They taste so darn good. But I am trying to teach myself to eat healthy and one meal on weekends I'll allow a "fun meal" this of course I won't do until I'm more set in my new eating ways. I know once I take that first bite right now, I'll be back to eating like a pig. I'm an emotional eater, plus, I just love food.

But for just two days into it, I already feel better although I of course don't look better yet. hehehe, I'm rambling now!

good luck!

Anna
AnnaBegonia

Total Posts: 48

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the prepacked meals--if I bought several while they were on sale I'd just eat a lot of them... Trying hard to change my ways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com