Sharing my story...     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penguincheese

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Sharing my story... Reply with quote

I'm Katy, I'm 5'5, I weigh 179 pounds and I am PROUD of it!

I weighed 225 pounds July 15th, and now, December 1st, I weigh 179. I'm aiming at weighing 140 by the time summer comes around so I can go up north and enjoy my summer in a swimsuit.

This all started sometime in summer when I realized, HOLY CRAP. I had gained 35 something pounds my freshman year of college. In terror, I thought how I'd always sworn to resist the Freshman Fifteen and instead, it had turned into the Freshman 35 practically overnight.

I know exactly HOW I gained all the weight, I'm lucky to realize that. I would always go to the family diner with my friends and eat there about 4 times a week. Pile on the fact that I never exercised and BAM. There I was, weighing more than I ever had before.

I have always been a shy person, and a lot of that was because I felt so insecure about my weight. I was always the biggest of all my friends and I hated that but I was always unable or unwilling to take the drastic steps to change, so I'd hide again and quietly accept being 'The Fat Girl'.

But one day, I decided 'I'm going to lose this weight'. So, really, with A LOT of willpower, I decided no more diners, no more ice cream. On July 13th, I ate a pint of ice cream like it was my last meal and the diet BEGAN.

I lowered my portions drastically, that was the biggest change. Also, that pint of ice cream has been my last, but I'm not deprived, I eat sweets almost every day, just in extreme moderation (a few bites of chocolate, a taste of cake). I drank no more soda or sweetened ice tea (I live in Texas, so the sweet tea is SWEET). I stopped eating red meats and most porks. Also, I began working out at Curves again and I still go there. Several months and many pounds later, I look in the mirror and I'm finally starting to see someone I almost recognize.

It was hard at first to adjust to the differences in my eating habits but really, it gets much easier. There are still days I will pig out and enjoy myself, but ya know, that's life. I am not deprived and that's what matters! I'll turn down a huge Chinese food buffet but I will sometimes still go to that diner and have an order of cheese fries, just every once in a while.

My biggest piece of advice is to ask if this is what you really want. If you really want it, you CAN do it! I have faith in everyone! Once you have faith in yourself, you have faith and hope to spare, I promise.

Feel free to message me, ask more about my story. =)
ptwonline

Total Posts: 140

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Katy! It's always great to meet new people, especially ones who seem so positive and energetic!

I'm not as far along in reaching my goal as you are. I do wish I had lost more in my first month of really trying to lose weight. But you know what? The 12 pounds I lost in one month is what I put on in the past year. I kind of feel like I just got one year of my life back. Hopefully next month I will get another year back, and then another year.

My goal is to be born next August! Laughing

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing hahahahahhahahahahahahha That's a good one!! Laughing

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com