I hate water............     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrissy75

Total Posts: 56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: I hate water............ Reply with quote

ok, i know how water is really supposed to help flush the fat and I drink water plain only when i'm thirsty extremely... but, i can't stand just sitting around drinking plain water and this is one of my downfalls in dieting... I heard somewhere that if you don't like water plain, that lemonade was just as good?? is this true, cause i drink my own homemade lemonade at work all day everyday and i'm starting to at home...at work i use sweetnlow, but at home i use sugar... lemon is supposed to help melt fat or something? becaues of the acid.. i mean, can i use this as an alternative to just plain water..but dont' get me wrong, i'm not going to avoid plain water completely, but i can't bring myself to drink that much plain water like the 8 glasses...so, is lemonade ok to substitute most of water?? please help!!!!!
backer

Total Posts: 476

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemon has no magical weight loss properties,nothing does.Ingesting extra acid is just bad for your stomach and esouphegous.Water is good ,water is nesacary,there may be a way to flovor it,im not sure,perhaps somebody knows somthing about flavor crystals.That may be ok.Ive heard green tea is a decent substitute sometimes.

I have counted to infinity twice
yorkiemom

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Water issss boring Reply with quote

First, lemon is a natural diuretic. If you like lemon, use it. It will make you have to go, though. I buy the bag of lemons and put it in my water a lot.

Second, the more of a process every glass is, the less likely you will drink water. It's sooooo easy to crack open a soda can or a drink bottle. So if you have the cash, put aside a special area in your fridge and FILL IT with lots of safe drinks or just plain water. Clean and refill the bottles and keep that area stocked!

Lastly, this is a great tip...get a BIG CUP, a cup you like. I have a plastic tiki cup Wink Then just stand at the sink at least twice a day and fill it, down it in one minute. It's not the speed at which you drink, by the way. It's making it something on your list, a 'things to do today' ritual. Then I get my water, rather than leaving half drank cups around the house. Works for me Smile
Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, green tea isn't a good substitute for water. It has tons of health benefits like antioxidants, but it also contains caffeine and it is a diuretic, just like black tea or coffee. Green tea is a healthy choice, but it's not a great substitute for drinking water.

Herbal teas can be a good option, though. They provide a nice flavour without adding the calories. You can chill most of them too. I happen to like mint or lemon herbal teas as cold drinks. Also, because I cut out coffee, the herbal tea gives me something hot in my mug on my desk at work. I prefer things like ginger, licorice, or mint, but there are lots of fruit varieties out there too. I also like rooibos or honeybush (similar to real tea but no caffeine and low in tannins).

There are some zero-calorie drink crystals too (Crystal Light and such), but I don't use them. Aspartame and some other artificial sweeteners give me headaches, so I try to stick to real foods. But they seem popular--they now make single sizes that are meant to mix into a standard size bottled water, and they have them in boxes stuck on the front of the fridges at 7-11 here.

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are drinking tap water, try a Brita or PUR filter pitcher. Fill it up, let the water filter, and keep it full in the fridge all the time. Keep refilling it. I do not like straight tap water and I am in one of those lucky regions where the tap water actually tastes decent. But filtering it definitely improves the taste. And keeping it very cold helps a lot too. I can barely get through two swallows of out-of-the-faucet-temperature unfiltered tap but if it's coming from my PUR pitcher, I'll go through a gallon and a half a day easily.
chrissy75

Total Posts: 56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips guys.... .yeah, i do only buy gallon water, but i've got so used to lemon/sugar water lately, that i can't drink a glass of plain water sometimes... oh, and i love rooibos tea, the safari spice, but only hot... but yes, i love crystal lite..that's awesome, i totally forgot about that... i'll buy some this weekend when i get groceries...thanks guys..but i will drink atleast one or two plain glasses of water... and try to drink either crystal lite or something low cal..... i found some fruit flavored waters, some ar egood, some are icky poo... anyhoo, thank you so much for the help... i'll know now not to use too many lemons.... thanks...
fiordiligi

Total Posts: 63

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the sugar only messes with weight...

And I'm pretty sure the sweetener chemicals are toxic...

And I've heard carbonated water is bad for you...

Isn't stevia supposed to be a great healthy alternative sweetener?

And fructose vs. sugar has a lower Glycemic Index by far.

What about herbal teas, non caffeine, iced, with stevia or fructose? Mmmm...
CNoftsier

Total Posts: 19

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like water, i drink water. Alot of water. I also have the crystal light drinks that i make sometimes. Though i don't really know how they stack up in the good for you or not debate.

As far as artifical sweetners go. I used to drink so much sugar coffee. I liked a little coffee with my sugar. So i switched to sweetnlow instead and now i use that when ever i want to sweeten something. Though now that i don't work night shifts, i don't drink near as much coffee.

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always curious. . . .what's to hate about water? It doesn't look like anything and if you use a filter, it doesn't taste like anything? Hence, my question! What's to hate? Confused

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key for me was finding a water that truly has no taste. Some of the bottled waters have a slight taste or aftertaste. Lots of people like Dasani for example but I don't like the slight "taste" that it has. I found a local grocery store (Kroger chain) and I buy their store brand. It's cheaper and doesn't leave me with a yucky aftertaste.

Water is supposed to be wet. Search around and find some without a taste and you might change your mind about it. I haven't tried the Brita filter. It might accomplish just what I need.

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
Fitqueen

Total Posts: 34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: You're addicted to sugar. Reply with quote

Cut out added sugar for 1 week in your diet- the only sugar you should consume is that naturally occuring in fruits and vegetables... Then see how you feel about water. People who are addicted to sugar often have a hard time drinking plain water because they are used to tasting "sweet" all the time.
Myfrodo

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to hate water too, up until 3 weeks ago when I decided I don't like being heavy and went cold turkey to just plain water. I NEVER would have dreamed of actually surviving off of just plain old water, but now I find I actually crave it... I used to drink 4 - 8 Mt Dews a day and I haven't touched on in 3 weeks. I think the first day or two was difficult, but now I don't even think twice about what I want to drink. I just go straight for the water. Maybe sticking with it for a couple of days and your "taste" for it would change too??

SvelteMe

Total Posts: 302

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding lime juice to water (no sugar or sweetener) is pretty good as an alternative. I've discovered I'm a lot more likely to drink up if I add a half a lime to my 32 oz bottle.

BTW, I discovered today yet another advantage to being hydrated. I had to get my blood drawn today and wasn't hydrated enough. It took two lab techs, 30 minutes of searching for a strong vein, and 3 pokes to get it done! Yet in the past when I've been drinking enough, they had no problem! You can bet I'll be more careful about it in the future! Wink

Mindle

gregsbg

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Fruit 2o Reply with quote

I don't like plain water either but I LOVE the Fruit 2o water. It comes in several different flavors and is all natural. There is no sugar or calories in it. It sure makes a difference for those of us who hate water. Wink
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hate water. It sustains us. You'd die of thirst faster than starvation.
I love water with ice. The colder the better.

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com