I'm new I just signed up today     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
candlechic

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: I'm new I just signed up today Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I just signed up today. I need to lose somewhere between 50 and 90 pds.
I have been trying for so long and I just can't do it. I came across this website and thought I would try it. I have done Weight watchers, and every other diet out there. The one I did the best on was called "Prism"
It was a christian based program. The main thing was cut out the white sugar and white flour. I keep going back to this one because it makes the most sence to me. White flour is really a non-food product. I just really need the people support. My church is doing this program but they do it on like Tuesdays at Noon, I work 7:30 to 5pm so that is not an option for me. So I am looking for any kind of support I can get. I was recently diagnosed with High Blood pressure and I am only 45yrs. I feel like I'm 20, but I guess my over eating has really caught up with me. More than I realized. I gained alot of weight with my babies. My oldest is 17 and my youngest is 13. I gained like 60 or 70 pds with each one. I lost all my weight after number 1 but am still working on losing the weight from number 2 son. Isn't that sick? He's 13 yrs old, my baby. I feel like such an embarrasement to them. They've have never said anything but I know they are embarrased of me. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Very Happy
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting out the white sugar and white flour is a good idea.
A better idea is watching your portions and learning what a serving size really is. You may be surprised to see what an actual serving looks like and little changes like can make a huge difference.
You should start some sort of exercise program that you are comfortable doing. I highly recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. It is easy to do and exercise is what you need to get your blood pressure under control. It has a lot more benefits that that too.
And you've come to the right place for a support group. There are lots of wonderful people here with great advice, tips and ideas. So keep coming back!!
You can do this!!

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

candlechic

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: walk away the pounds Reply with quote

Thanks Karen, that's a good tip about exersice. I know I do feel better when I do take my dogs for a walk, now that you mention that. I will look into Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds. Thanks for the info.
I will keep coming back for the support. You are so right about the portions too. That is one of my problems, even when I eat good stuff I want to eat ALOT of it, the more the better. I know that is how I got where I am, PORTIONS ARE WAY TO BIG! Thanks again
Julie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com