Slimfast?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyzzabeth

Total Posts: 23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Slimfast? Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried the slimfast diet? Did it work at all?
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it a long time ago and technically it works but it's really hard to stick to. You have to develop a "taste" for the shakes and bars because they've definitely got a strange after-taste but more importantly, it's just really hard to stick to a plan where you are replacing actual meals with shakes and bars. They don't satisfy me as much as actual food does.

If you can stick to it, you'll see results but there's nothing magical about Slim-Fast itself--- it's simply reducing your calorie intake and in my opinion, there are better tasting, more satisfying ways to do that!
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using generic slim fast for a while and although I still felt hungry after drinking it I noticed that my nails were in much better shape from all the vitamins in it. The snack bars are great if you are craving chocolate - only 120 calories in a bar.

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

Fitnessgirl777

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm a Weight Watcher Member and I've been drinking slimfast for a couple of days the Cappuccino Shake is 3pts, and the Bars are three points, I like slimfast bars more than the weight watcher bars. My starting weight was 250 my current weight is 225 and my goal weight is 130 Cool
CaptainCabo

Total Posts: 151

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never recommend meal replacements like slimfast. You will never learn how to eat properly and once you are off of it...you will gain that weight back so fast. IMO, slimfast is a quick fix that will fail in the long run. I recommend you diet properly and eat normal healthy food. Combined that with exercising, you will be successful.
Nicevans

Total Posts: 147

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't recommend the SlimFast diet. I've never done it, but I agree wth CaptainCabo's concerns about a "quick fix".

However, I DO drink SlimFast most mornings for breakfast. I only do this because I have trouble eating solid food when I'm in a rush in the morning. However, I can't imagine following the meal plan.

So if you want to drink SlimFast for the benefits (like the vitamins and minerals--or whatever else is good in them). I recommend you just drink one a day or whatever you decide as part of a low-calorie/low-fat diet. Don't restrict yourself to the SlimFast plan, it's just not sustainable.

Also, if you decide to drink any SlimFast, I drink the Optima kind in the morning because it's supposed to control your hunger for 4 hours. It controls mine for about 3 and a half hours (which is pretty dang good)! So it gets me through class!

Just my 2 cents!

~Salina

smilin_eyes

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Day late and a dollar short Reply with quote

You've all probably moved on from this post, but just in case . . . as opposed to not eating anything at all for breakfast or for lunch, drinking a shake is great. Sometimes I have a shake for supper if I've eaten very well at breakfast and lunch and won't have any physical activity at night. I think the trouble starts when shakes become snacks. If do you decide to try a shake, have a glass of water beforehand and remember that liquid calories have a faster rate of "stomache emptying" than do solid foods. Frankly, I'd rather EAT my 200 calories but if you're in a pinch, by all means give a shake a try.
sevenluckykids

Total Posts: 15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: just starting out Reply with quote

I did the slimfast plan a few years back. It worked well, but I lost weight so quickly I ended up getting stretch marks. And "fat deposits" that solidified in my legs. A doctor told me it was because I was losing a lot of weight too quickly.

After losing 35 lbs on the plan, once I got off it, I gained it almost immediately right back within a very short few months.

I did the South Beach diet, paired with trimspa, and lost 50 lbs on it. Of course when I got off that, I gained the weight back.

Hopefully this diet.com thing will work out better for me.

p_1_garr

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: slim fast, etc. Reply with quote

Just read the comments concerning the bars/shakes.
I've never tried the shakes mostly because of the expense and maybe not like the taste. But the vitamin benefit sounds like a reason to try and use two or three days a week. I use the bars at times for my snack--but have found them to be very sweet.
I actually like the Special K Bar more. However, fruit, when I can is a better option.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the slimfast shakes briefly many years ago. I would drink my shake for lunch and then want food. I just wasn't satisfied with it and for the amount of calories in it I could have real food instead. Seemed much more nourishing and satisfying to me. Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
helsing01

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Slim Fast is a great tool for weight loss!
miss_kassy

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Personally I end up starving when I do slimfast, so what I do is maybe have a shake for breakfast, a tin of soup or a salad or something for lunch and something healthy for tea.

Alternate on days and include a shake or meal replacement bar here and there. That way you are getting lots of flavours and textures and end up less hungry. Count your calories and try not to go over 1200 a day. It wirks for me Smile

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com