Which Snacks Do You Miss The Most?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fashionista

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Which Snacks Do You Miss The Most? Reply with quote

Regarding cookies and crackers? Which ones do you wish you had portion control in? Any one used 100 calorie packs?
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally have a "sweet tooth" but what I have all the time is a "salty tooth." I really have a hard time saying No to chips and all the other salty crunchy things. I've replaced them with soy crisps and the flavored mini rice cakes and that works very well for me. There's starting to be a lot more variety in soy crisps in particular, in my neighborhood grocery store, so I don't have to make a special trip to the gourmet store. And they're a lot harder to "overdo" it on than regular chips. Maybe because they are bigger and thicker? Not sure. But I can feel like I've gotten a "junk food" fix without having to really resort to junk food, and stay within the package's posted serving size, which is about 35 crisps for about 120 calories, depending on the brand. They do tend to be higher in sodium than what's ideal so I make sure I drink extra water, but I have never had a problem getting enough water so that is easy. Plus I really watch the sodium the rest of the time so a little "indulgence" is not the end of the world for me.
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOCOLATE lol . . . But I am OK with missing my past over indulgences . . . I do have issues with snacking on salty stuff too . . . I retain water like a sponge so I avoid salty snacks as much as possible . . .

Karen
cheeractress1

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Sounds weird, but... Reply with quote

The thing I HAVE to quit eating is the thing I can't find anything wrong with. It's a balance thing. See, I eat WAY too much dried fruit. It's not as good for me as regular fruit is, and I'm trying to cut it out of my diet, but everytime I have some on the table I eat it all. Sad and then I feel awful afterwards.
Furie

Total Posts: 91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a cheeseaholic...I used to get a box of Triscuits and a package of pre-cut sharp cheddar, and that would be dinner...love my cheese and crackers. I get the 100 calorie packs of Cheese Nips, Cool Ranch Doritos (yum!) and Cheetos, but I can't have Triscuits or pre-cut cheese squares in the house anymore, I can't resist 'em.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com