Dexatrim     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhugh200

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Dexatrim Reply with quote

Have any of you tried it? If so, which kind and did it show results? Has any diet pill worked for you?
DrMaheshwari

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Do OTC (non-prescription) Diet Pills Work and Are They Safe? Reply with quote

Dexatrim used to contain a substance called phenylpropanolamine (PPA) which was taken off the shelves in November, 2000 after it was shown to cause strokes.

While it no longer contains any substance that has been proven to cause any harm, it also doesn't contain any substance that has been proven to work. Green tea, caffeine and the other ingredients in Dexatrim's products have had mixed results in some small studies.

In general the diet pills that work the best are the ones that later turn out to have serious side effects. Pills containing ephedra are a classic example. While ephedra seemed to help people to lose weight, it was later implicated in some deaths and pulled off the market in 2004.

Anytime you take a prescription or non-prescription medication, there is some risk involved. Even natural products taken in concentrated forms carry risk. The question is: Does the potential benefit outweigh the possible risk? This is a question that I ask myself everytime I advise a patient about medications.

I don't know the particulars of your medical history. Here's my general advice if you want to take any prescription or non-prescription (otc) diet pills: Talk to your doctor about them. He or she can advise you of the risk vs. benefit of taking the product based upon your medical history.

Dr. Anil Maheshwari, MD – Wellness & Weight Loss Doctor – www.DrMaheshwari.com.
Ammycin

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried one type of diet by using Over the Counter Medications and now my health improved much better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com