worst week, yet     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staceyf

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: worst week, yet Reply with quote

I've lost 29 lbs since 1/2/06. This last week has been the worst. Until then, I've lost almost every week and had even stopped eating into the night. Then, last Sunday (Easter) I started going backwards. I've been totally off my program all week. I'm not even drinking water and I like water. I know I've gained and will confirm that at tomorrow's weigh-in. I've got to get back on track. I've got at least another 75 to lose. I think part of the issue is I'm so big, 29 lbs doesn't even really show. I can't believe I've gotten so big. I've been heavy most of my life but nothing like the last couple years.

I am the host of this board and get frustrated that it's so inactive. More than anyone, we are the ones who need the most loss and probably help. I do correspond with one member privately but wish we would all pull together on this board. That's why I joined diet.com - for the peer support. People who just need to lose a few pounds, just don't understand. Like one friend said to me it's harder for her to lose 5 lbs than for me to lose 100. I have no response to that kind of stupidity.

Any way, I am the host of the board of people who are trying to lose 100 lbs and more. I know there are more of you out there. For me, lurking has always been part of my problem. I'd rather watch than participate. Now, I'm fat. In fact, I'm obese. I can't stand it and want to reverse my life. I'm doing it slowly and will be back on track by this time tomorrow. If anyone wants to work together, PLEASE write in. We need each other.

Stacey

"You can light a candle or curse the darkness."
baby-angel

Total Posts: 162

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Stacey, I agree with you. We do need each other. Thats the idea of having a site like this.
We need to be way more active on these boards, thats what they are here for, we are here for. Smile
I too am big and understand exactly what you are talking about bout falling off the wagon. I get soooo angry and dissapointed with myself, that sometimes I think 'maybe I'm just meant to be fat'.
But I'm not happy being fat, so I wan't to give it my best shot at losing weight, but I can't do it alone.
Lets all take avantage of the support and help we have right here.
Good one Stacey, and I'm sorry for not being a part of this board Embarassed
Penny Very Happy

If we alway\'s do what we alway\'s did, we will alway\'s get what we alway\'s got
staceyf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: to penny Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply to my post. I'm almost back on track. I did 30 min. on my stationary bike and drank all the water. I had to play nurse for a friend who had surgery so lunch, etc got all messed up. Tomorrow, I'm all out of excuses.

I know you understand how hard this is. It's really a fight for our lives and it gets hard. I'm going to try to post something every day. It may not be much, but I'm going to try to generate some participation. Any ideas you have are greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you. I don't feel as lonely tonight because you "get it".
Take care of yourself and please, STAY IN TOUCH!!!!!

Stacey

baby-angel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to thank me Stacey. That's what I'm here for Wink
And yay for drinking your water and your 30 min bike ride. That's just awesome. No excuses huh, what a great reason to start offically tomorrow then ay Laughing
If your going to do it, then me too Shocked
I need to do something, and you have just given me the kick in the bum I need Laughing so thankyou Stacey
Penny Very Happy
p.s, I hope your friend is ok after the op. Razz

If we alway\'s do what we alway\'s did, we will alway\'s get what we alway\'s got
baby-angel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was your weigh in Stacey Question
As scary as you thought Twisted Evil, better Very Happy, worse Sad ....
Well, I didn't eat all my meal, I had water, AND I walked on my treadmill for 35mins Wink
The weather is yukky tonight, rain and wind....and I was walking on my treadmill working up a sweat, when I thought to myself "cricky I'm lucky"
Not a reason in the world for me not to be excercising.
Warm, safe, healthy (well, for a heffer-lump Laughing ) and I don't take advantage of being the best I can be. Betcha if it was taken away from me, I'd wan't it back Smile
As the saying and song goes " you don't know what you've got til it's gone"....I 2nd that Laughing
anywho, let us know how you went Stacey
Penny Very Happy

frazzledmom1968

Total Posts: 109

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacey,

It is so very easy for us to go 'off-track' and then to turn around and beat ourselves up about it. You have already recognized this.(for both). But you are in the process of getting things turned around again. You have drank your water and started exercising again.
Yes, we here do need the support of each other and that is what makes the boards so great. But sometimes, with the large number of groups and boards, we don't always check ALL of them, ALL the time. So please, don't feel discouraged if the board seems slow at times.
You have already started your success with a 25+ loss and yes I agree it can also be frustrating when you cannot 'see' that kind of difference at 'our' size. The last time, I tried 'seriously' to lose some weight, I had lost about 25-30 and could see no difference in myself, nor could my husband or family(I was still with my ex then) and that was discouraging. In the end, I think that was why I gave up. But I realize now that I should have instead, taken it as an incentive to continue working at it. There were results and they would have been visible at some point. Instead, a couple years later, I have regained that weight plus a couple extra.

Lets remember to support one another, when things get rough, celebrate each others' successes and not worry about what those 'skinny people' see, or ourselves when all we want to see is 'skinny'.

Good luck and keep going!! We will ALL make it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

frazzledmom1968 aka wondermom
staceyf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: thank you, all Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments. I just posted what is the first of a daily post I am committed to doing. I promise to check this board every night. I need your support. Those of us who need to lose a lot of weight share a common bond. We also understand how hard it can be. After all, we're basically losing at least half out body weight. The wonderful thing is it is absolutely possible to do just that.

I'm getting back on track. I gained 3 lbs back which I expected. It'll come back off. Let's help each other, huh?

I'll see you tomorrow if not sooner.

Stacey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com