easy food     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmurley

Total Posts: 43

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: easy food Reply with quote

I am one of those people that doesn't get much variety of food in my diet. I go for the easy foods, like sandwiches, cereal, cottage cheese, yogurt...stuff already in containers/already made so I don't have to make big meals. I woudl like to get out of this habit, but I'm not much of a cook...so I don't really have any ideas on what foods I could make? I wouldnt mind cooking, but I just hate buying tons of ingredients to cook things. Anyone have any ideas on easy recipes where I can get an overall range of different foods to eat??
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should check out the "Post your Recipes and Win" board! There are so many great, easy recipes in there! There are also TONS of recipes here for you to look through. Just go to the home page and look to the left side of the screen. You'll see the featured recipe of the day (there's a new one EVERY day!). Just below the featured recipe, there's a link that says "search over 1000 recipes" or something like that. You'll have a blast browsing through all the great meal ideas in there! It's a perfect opportunity to branch out and find your inner chef!

Personally, I really like to use my crock pot. It's the easiest way I have found to make a great meal. Just throw in the ingredients in the morning before work and turn it on low. By the time I get home, I have dinner waiting for me!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
kmurley

Total Posts: 43

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..thanks...i'll have to check that out..

what sorts of stuff do you make in your crock pot? i have one, but it's pretty small
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should ask! I saw this great cookbook while I was at lunch today, and it made me think if you it was called "1-2-3 Crockpot Recipes". The entire book was made up of recipes that only had 3 ingredients in them! Talk about easy!

I like to do my chicken in the crockpot, or a good roast or something like that. I also like to take leftover chicken and use it to make chicken noodle soup, leftover turkey from thanksgiving makes a great soup too! I also make a lot of chilli and bean soups too. You can cook just about anything in the crock pot!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com