Can Anybody help me with meals???     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swim2china

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Can Anybody help me with meals??? Reply with quote

I have been trying really hard lately to eat healthy. Lots of salads, very high protein low carb stuff. but it's really hard when you go to school because I just feel like I dont have time to make something healthy. Today after I got home from school though I chopped up some romaine lettuce (4 cups) and we get those teriyaki chicken breasts from costco so i chopped up two of those and some olives and I had one of the best salads ever!!! I was so proud of myself that I ate it without any dressing. The chicken is so great because with the teriyaki on it you dont need any dressing. ITS GREAT!!! Laughing Anyways, I'm trying to stay on track thanks for letting me talk.

Lenae
LOCKHA885

Total Posts: 27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Meal Help Reply with quote

I totally agree with CSL-Kate, and the tracking can also tell you where you are going right and where you need some help with. Like if you are eating too high of calorie foods or too many in one meal.
I like it because I can record my whole day and see exactly what I did eat, and how many more calories I should eat in any give day. I think we should all track our calories for the first couple of weeks anyway, and maybe longer whichever is best for any individual.
I keep a journal on note paper to see what I have eaten and how many calories I should eat, how much water I have drank, etc. I like to see exactly where I am and if I am going too far on one meal, (too many calories) and if I need to eat more before the evening is out.
Too few calories is hard on you too. It makes you stop losing and that isn't what we are after.
I try to eat about 1250 +/- everyday, and it is working for me, but if you have more than 100 pounds to lose then it should be more calories.
Anyway, good luck and keep on venting, we are all here to listen and help if we can, right?
Lock.
swim2china

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I use the tracker and it's working it's just hard sometimes to eat healthy since I live at home with my parents. I try not to spend money on food because I'm saving for college but sometimes I cant help it, I have to go out and by an apple, or some imitation crab. I think that if I lived by myself I would be kicking ass right now at loosing weight. But I'm not so it's a bit harder.
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Help with meals Reply with quote

Hello Swim2China,
Glad you are tracking your intake and I am sure it will help you in finding out where you need help.
Sorry your folks aren't supportive of your goal to lose the weight.
Do they not buy any veggies and fruit?
I know living at home and trying to lose weight without spending any money would be hard, but you are worth the cost.
If you want to get thin then you will do it, I know because I did it and am doing it again. I had lost about 30 pounds last year, didn't get to go on vacation where we were supposed to go, gave up and gained most of it back, but am now on the downhill slide again, losing but slowly. It is hard to not see it just fall off, like we think it was gained, but we didnt' gain it all overnight and won't and shouldn't lose it that way either.
Just keep trying everyday, and only worry about one day at at time, we can't look forward we must look only at this one day we have.
Good luck and keep posting, we will listen, honest.
Lock.
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swim2china wrote:
well I use the tracker and it's working it's just hard sometimes to eat healthy since I live at home with my parents. I try not to spend money on food because I'm saving for college but sometimes I cant help it, I have to go out and by an apple, or some imitation crab. I think that if I lived by myself I would be kicking ass right now at loosing weight. But I'm not so it's a bit harder.

Hi swim2cina
good2seeya Smile Even someday, when you live alone, or are married, or have kids, or are finished with college, etc.....it's never that easy to lose weight...there will always be challenges! Life has a way of throwing us curves, when we least expect. Things will jump right out in front of us...and if we aren't careful, our health & fitness can end up on the back burner again. We can always find reasons not to eat right. We can always find reasons not to workout.

I broke my foot...was in a cast & crutches for 5 months! I stopped working out & gained..a lot! That was a big mistake! Of course I couldn't do many parts of my workout that I liked to do....but there were many other things I could've/should've been doing. That's just one small example of things that can happen to throw us off course....IF we let them. The types of things that can arise...and challenge our resolve...are endless.

So if we're waiting for life to be perfect, before we make a commitment to our health & fitness...
if we're waiting until we move out,
or finish school,
get a better job,
or get the wedding plans over with,
or until little Joey's in kindergarten,
or our marriage is perfect,
etc., etc., etc.,
........................we can firgiddaboudit!!! Its not gonna happen!!! Life will never be perfect. There will never be a perfect time to eat right & workout right. Its up to us to make it a priority...if we really really want it.
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Help with Meals Reply with quote

Hey Mack, well said, for all of us, not just for Swim2China.
We all have put our weightloss on the back burner for too long, that is why we are all here, trying to lose the weight and get fit at the same time.
I like your analogy of waiting for......what Question Question
I think we all need to read this every day, to keep us focused on ourselves and what is really important. Smile Smile
I was a fan of Susan Powter and her best line was about enjoying the process. Enjoying the process of getting thin and fit and not just waiting until you get there to feel like you have made it Exclamation Exclamation
I think that is what we all need to think about and not be thinking about if....so much, but when and why not Question Question Question
I sometimes think I am not going to exercise and then I really make myself think about "why not?" Why am I not nearly as important as the TV show or the whatever was going on? I am that important and getting fit and trim is more important than any danged TV show ever will be. So I try to think, Hmm..... Why not, why not exercise today, there is no good reason not to do some of the exercises that make me feel better and look better, so.....Why not Question Question Question
Thanks Mack for the talk.... It helps to read it when others write it better than I do, and it helps to keep it fresh in my mind when I read it Exclamation
Lock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com