Help- Do you want to do this?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staceyf

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Help- Do you want to do this? Reply with quote

We have the most to lose and yet nobody's talking. I'm the host of the 100 pounds or more to lose board. Please tell me what would help or at least get you guys going. I just can't do this alone. I've lost 20lbs since 1/2/06 and I have 90 more to go. It will probably take me at least the rest of this year.

I check this site every day and other than one "where is everbody". that's been it. You all know how hard it is to lose a ton of weight. It takes time and I believe lots of support.

Are there too many other boards on diet.com? Maybe you're writing elsewhere. Either way, this is the official BB for more than 100 lbs. If you are participating on another board, let me know.

In the meantime, goood luck to us all. - Stacey
captain0628

Total Posts: 27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stacey,

I am posting on other boards, and in the 2 groups that I am in that are active. (the challenge, and momkarin's group).

I tend to look at the description of the boards and notice which ones have new postings, go to them & read them. If I feel that I have something to offer, I post a reply.

I am not able to spend as much time as I would like to reading all the posts on diet.com because I am in school, work 2 part-time jobs, and have 2 pre-teen children(11 & 12) both are extremely smart(99th percentile), and between the 2 of them they have all the behavorial problems that go with being that smart. They are definitly a handful, but they are wonderful children and are definitely blessings from God.

Nancy
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stacey
First of all...congrats on the 20lbs!!! Great work!!! Hey! You now have under a hundred pounds to go!! Very Happy

I usually click on "view all forums". This shows me, all at once, which boards have new posts. I tend to respond to those...more often than starting my own topics. I think that may be true of many people.

So, you're right. If we want people to be active on this board...we need to post here more, ourselves.

And you're also so-o-oh right that we need each other. Its not easy. I've just gained back 10 of the 50 lbs that I'd worked so hard to lose...again! Mad 2nd time! But I will lose it again...and more! I will reach my ultimate goals! With a little help from my friends, here at Diet.com. Cool
lauris10

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Hey, Stacey... Reply with quote

I am in the middle of a major move. Shocked and job change. Shocked
SO have been very invisible. Not sure how I"m doing on weight loss, I wish I could say I'm making as much progress on my 100+ pounds to lose as you are! Very Happy Keep up the Great progress!
WHat have you changed to be doing so well?
Lauri
frazzledmom1968

Total Posts: 109

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly can't answer where people are. I myself have just joined the site and am still feeling my way around and only tonight have started into the boards. I think they will be a big help to me. I have about 105 lbs to start and then, well we will see about whether or not to do more. I am still getting the hang of things so give me a couple days and then maybe I will have some more questions for you or comments etc.
Take care and I will be continuing to come back here.
Smile

frazzledmom1968 aka wondermom
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome frazzledmom!
Yes, you're right you can do it...once you really really decide to. Its not easy to change our lifestyles and develop new healthier habits...but its so-o-oh worth it!

The good new is...that it doesn't have to be complicated. You don't really need to decide, right now, what your ultimate weight goal should be. Istead of "dieting"...learning to feed your body properly...and getting enough exercise...will take the weight off...and you'll eventually reach a very healthy weight.

Now that you've upgraded, you have access to The Coaching Corner & Rate my Plate. Dr. Diet and RDShauna are very knowledgeabe & helpful. If you scroll through those boards...you may see that some of your questions have already been asked & answered. And you're welcome to post a question any time! They will answer you.

The rest of the boards are great for support & encouragement, ideas & tips. Make yourself at home. The more you jump into the conversations, the quicker you get to know lots of nice people, to share this journey with.
frazzledmom1968

Total Posts: 109

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome macadoodle. I appreciate it greatly. I am already 'in love' with the boards. So many people all helping one another; it is great to see. I hope to be supportive of others too, whenever possible. I am SO happy that I have come here. Very Happy

frazzledmom1968 aka wondermom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com