need some pals!!!!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwantsuccess

Total Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: need some pals!!!! Reply with quote

Hello everyone I just joined a couple of days ago., and I seriously fell apart that day., I almost lost all hope of ever getting my body back., I have always been athletic and model skinny., and worked very hard to maintain this., til., one fine day 1 1/2 years AFTER I quite smoking., the pounds slowly started creaping up., and then the uphill battle began., my personal life fell apart ( for you smokers that are quitting., a bit of advice., GET SUPPORT!!!!) I could not deal with those feelings whirling around in my brain., well., of course., things just got worse., and worse., and worse.. for the past 5 years now., I have been diligently trying to get my life back., I quit my awful job and started the best job I have ever had since I was 23., but., I am still struggling soooooo hard., I have been gaining 10-15 pounds every year... thats right., I ain't no model skinny no more!!!! so now phase two begins ...., I NEED SUPPORT., please say you'll help....... I can not bare the thought of falling apart like that again. Thank you all in advance and God bless....

Nothing tastes as good as it feels to be thin.
MAGGIEMAE

Total Posts: 741

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad iwantsuccess you are breaking my heart! Of course I will be here for you! Very Happy
I have been in the same mental situation you are in. You feel as if you are doing everything right and you still aren't losing weight, right?
If you are a Premium Member, I encourage you to send Shauna a few days of your food tracker. She can point out things you may have missed. Like for me (who used to TEACH fittness and weigh 112 pounds) she showed me how I was filling up with empty calories, not drinking much water and not eating ENOUGH FOOD! (imagine that!).
Dr K got me to be honest with myself about my workouts. Yes, I was working out 6 days a week but how intense were those workouts? (not very as it turns out). When I get frustrated and impatient, those are the two areas I look at first;
1. Am I eating enough ? (and is what I eat energyfood?)
2.Do I need to step up the intensity level of my workouts?

But that's me. I have one question for you though, do you think you have replaced smoking a cigarette with eating?

Maggie:
A work in progress
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting off those nasty cigarettes!! Great job!! Now, to get your eating habits under control. Wink

I think the best way to meet "buddies" is to become active in the message boards! The more involved you get...and the more you join in the conversations...the more people you will get to know. Before you know it, you'll have lots of buddies.

I've got to say...that having "diet buddies" to talk to is great! But I've found the support community, here on the boards, is incredible too! Participating in the boards discussions has really helped me stay focused on my goals. I'm making great progress! Give it a try.

Have you taken your personality quiz yet? Reviewed your personality profile & strategies? Its a great way to begin understanding some of your own behavior & habits...and to start implementing strategies to develop better, healthier habits. Its all about permanent healthy lifestyle changes...for permanent healthy weightloss.

Here's to a fit & fabulous new year!
iwantsuccess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to start., I want to thank you both., you do not know how important those replies were. To Maggiemae., do I replace smoking with eating? No., but I can be a very emotional eater., smoking., well., I weirdly enough., I found it balanced me., gave me a moment to contemplate., evaluate., and even get a bit angry., where as when I eat emotionally., I eat B-A-D when I am hurt., that., something I have always done., yunno., remember when you were a teenager., and you broke up with you boyfriend., you grabbed a spoon., and a tub of ice cream., peanut butter., what have you., yah., I still do that., a very bad thing., I did it last nite as a matter of fact., a bag of chips and a can of coke., although I have to say., I used to eat a big honking bag before., so., I have learned to grab the individual bag., nethertheless., still bad. This is a bad time of year for me to start with., the whole christmas thing., and anything over and above that...... well....., lets just say....,its dangerous!!! To mackadoodle., Well I am a meal skipper., I ., think I am a tender bender., but., the profile says I am a routine repeater., (maybe that is my life., chuckle,chuckle) and a diet doubter

rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an emotional eater too at times. When I am upset or stressed, lookout. I think its good step in the right direction to replace a whole bag of chips with an individual bag. Now you just need to work on the type of chips, or maybe a crunchy replacement. I try to crunch on low fat wheat thins or popcorn when I feel the need for salty snacks.
There are lots of substitutions you can make, so those binges aren't quite as painful. You will find many good suggestions on the boards, just keep reading.
You have made a great step towards good health by quitting smoking, and that shows you have the strength to make other changes in your life as well.
You will find these boards a great place for support, as I have found the past few months.
If you need help and motivation, you have come to the right place!

tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been known to find the bottom of a half gallon of french vanilla ice cream when I am depressed. Not lately, of course, I have tried to not have ice cream in the house for that reason. Oddly enough, the only time I want ice cream is when I am depressed about something. I am more of a meal skipper than an emotional eater, but the emotional eater in me can be a force to be reckoned with!

Now, I try to keep healthier snacks on hand, so when I go to the fridge or freezer, they are the first I see. As a matter of fact, last night, I was feeling particularly awful, and headed for the freezer and grabbed the first thing I saw. Luckily for me, it was frozen pineapple.

Quitting smoking was very difficult for me too. I found that I was eating more, not to have something in my mouth, but because everything tasted sooooo much better! I just couldn't get enough. Suddenly, the sugars were sweeter, citrus fruit had more punch, the chips were saltier! I have to admit, I still struggle with that. Quite simply, I LOVE food. But I am learning that there are many healthier options that can satisfy just about any craving.

Congratulations to you for starting this journey! You'll find so much support and compassion here, not to mention some awesome friends!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
iwantsuccess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow., you got that right., when I originally posted this., I was worried I would not get a reply., this is an awesome support group., and it is sooo great to know., I am not alone!!! Now I feel like., if I get that down in the dumps again.,and I feel like having that ice cream or bag of chips., and I have to walk the the store to get it again next time., next time., while walking to the store., think the the 1000 reasons I should just keep walking around the block than go into the grocery store for that toxic snack. Good in theory right!? Have faith that it WILL work., think of positive things and keep on walking.........faith that this will work., positive things., keep walking.....

tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love to walk. It's hard for me to get going, but once I do, I don't want to stop! There aren't that many places by my home for me to walk though, and with my work schedule this time of year, I leave for work when it's dark and don't come home until it's dark again. Normally I am not one to let that stop me, but we have a few, shall we say, "unsavory" characters that live in the area, and I don't feel comfortable walking in the dark. So, every opportunity I get, I am down at one of the local parks at lunch. My problem is when the weather does not allow me to walk at a park at lunch. Then, I don't walk AT ALL!!

I think you are on the right track, my dear! Just keep that attitude, and you'll reach your goal in no time!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
iwantsuccess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it really can get depressing this time of year when the weather is not the greatest., and of course the daylight is crutial for us girls., it is not the safest place to be out there in the dark walking the streets., I know it gets pretty boring attempting the ol treadmill too., but., sometimes you may find it could surprize you and well., a good audio book on the ipod or discman isn't a bad idea either., yes., I hear what you are saying tigersi., I find its really hard to get inside myself too., sometimes I don't want to work this hard to lose a lousy pound., when it feels like I done the work to have lost 10!!! Laughing

bettyfonda20

Total Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Need Pals:) Reply with quote

Hi..I too just joined the site a week ago and I've found myself with 30lbs of excess weight after winning a body building show 3yrs. ago!! I've tried every diet known to mankind:) I think I've finally realized that I have to re-learn my eating habits...behavior modification..like when I quit smoking(12 yrs. ago). I think I've done good all week and I'm happy that I've eaten vegetables and fruit everyday and the recommended amounts:)Smile I do believe I'm feeling much better and I feel like even though I've only shed one pound this week...it's a start and it's only going to get better. My worse fear is the weekend when I seem to lose the healthy mentality and eat all the wrong things...but I've decided to redo that thinking and go for healthy this weekend:) I know one thing that helps me is to keep busy:) Hope everyone has a great weekend:)

Kim
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Betty - Welcome!
You won a bodybuilding competition?!? I'm so impressed!! What focus & determination it takes to bring your body to such levels of fitness.

Where was it held? What division? Catergory? Class? Was it a local event? A qualifying round for future events?

Geez...do I ask enough questions?

Again welcome. The support forum here is great!! And Dr. Diet & RDShauna are here to answer any questions you may have about the program.
iwantsuccess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bettyfonda20 nice to see you on the site., Very Happy I have always been told., a pound down is a pound closer to your goal., good work!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com